Live on Grandiosa

Ryan82

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Ryan82 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

On the Grandiosa now and the ship is just stunning. Totally different vibe to the Virtuosa we was on just two weeks ago. Main dinning room is serving up great food. Bar service is efficient. The first paid for show - Strings was a little avant garde but very watchable. Singers were tremendous in the free show Graffiti last night (wich admittedly I swear I only watched 2 weeks ago on Virtuosa).

And the sea... how did she get so blue?

20230508_090905.jpg

Great to ear such great vibes from Grandiosa.

We'll be onboard in late August.

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions:

- since we don't drink alchool we are thinking of purchasing the non-alcholl pack: do you know if the Ice-Cream from the Ice-cream Bar are included in that package?

- what is the earliest onboard time you can get on departure day?

Thank you and have fun!

On 5/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, Bracarense said:

- since we don't drink alchool we are thinking of purchasing the non-alcholl pack: do you know if the Ice-Cream from the Ice-cream Bar are included in that package?

Thank you and have fun!

Hey there. I think icecream is only included in the kids package. I've had Gelato on board from Jean Phillipe and I've seen it on the atmopshere bar for three euros.

Don't forget even if you don't drink alcohol the package let's you have water and soft drinks. I'm probably drinking 5-6 bottles just of water a day as its warm here (especially in Tunisa today).

I am not 100% sure how early you can board. We boarded at Genoa but had to get a train first from Milan. I'd guess about 10am.

Hope that helps - you won't hear disappointed it's a beautiful ship and lots of stuff to do onboard. Or not do too if you just want to relax.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, Bracarense said:

- since we don't drink alchool we are thinking of purchasing the non-alcholl pack: do you know if the Ice-Cream from the Ice-cream Bar are included in that package? - Gelato isn't included on any package even for YC guests. You'll have some of it as a dessert on the buffet or MDR on occasion. Kids can have some from machines (?), but that's sadly that. On the ice cream parlors it is usually farly priced though.

- what is the earliest onboard time you can get on departure day? - As far as the previous cruise has entirely debarked. Here in Europe that's usually from 11 to mid day.

Thank you and have fun!

Have my answers in green and have a nice day!...

• Thanks 1

Certainly on Virtuosa ex-UK, soft serve ice cream at the pool bar is included in the adult non-alcohol package.   The gelato in the galleria isn't.

• Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Fresh fruit and protein cocktails
  • Energy drinks
  • Sodas
  • Energy drinks
  • Flavored water
  • Soda by glass and bottle
  • Wide range of hot drinks
  • Soft serve ice cream
  • Beverage gratuities included
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Certainly on Virtuosa ex-UK, soft serve ice cream at the pool bar is included in the adult non-alcohol package.   The gelato in the galleria isn't.

• Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Fresh fruit and protein cocktails
  • Energy drinks
  • Sodas
  • Energy drinks
  • Flavored water
  • Soda by glass and bottle
  • Wide range of hot drinks
  • Soft serve ice cream
  • Beverage gratuities included

Does the adult non-alcohol package include bottled water?

I saw that @Ryan82 above mentioned drinking lots of bottled water. But it seems the Easy, Easy+ packages specifically list bottled water but the non-alcohol package does not.

8 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Sorry, not sure about bottled water in the packages, but every passenger Fantastica and above gets bottled water included.

Good thing.

How does it work? Free bootles on room or you just get them on the bar and aren't charged?

2 hours ago, Bracarense said:

Good thing.

How does it work? Free bootles on room or you just get them on the bar and aren't charged?

I've only had water in the room (I'm not a huge plain water drinker).  I asked the cabin attendant for it.  I imagine it does work the same in bars / main restaurant / buffet.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, Bracarense said:

In Europe it's not a zero count, so they will board as soon as possible. In YC you can board in some Ports a little bit after 9 am but 10 am for sure. You can also stay longer on board at the last day, sometimes I was until 3 pm on board.

Thank you and have fun!

On 5/13/2023 at 1:33 AM, showingdiva said:

Sorry, not sure about bottled water in the packages, but every passenger Fantastica and above gets bottled water included.

Oh that would be great, I had no idea about this perk, thank you! 

2 hours ago, skipsaur said:

Oh that would be great, I had no idea about this perk, thank you! 

On wich Ship? In Europe it's normally not like that perhaps in den US and UK? But in the med an Northern Europe there is no bottled water free in cabins not in the YC.

Hi Ryan,

We will be sailing on MSC Grandiosa and it's our first cruise.

Can I ask you a question about the theme nights?

A) Where there any?

B) WHat where the themes?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Genz

We had gala night on Wednesday before Tunisa. We had a white night after Naples. There was a flower power or something night after Marseilles but few took part. I'd guess the nights might change but you'll definitely have gala night and white night.