App Check-In Questions

NJRonbo

Hello, fellow cruisers!

Two questions...

1. Say Check-In is supposed to open on May 15th.  What time does the check-in officially open in the app?  Is it midnight that morning?  

2. I read somewhere that Passport information may be needed at check-in (we are on a closed loop to Bermuda).  My girlfriend is on the same reservation but I don't have access to her Passport.   Can I check in and supply my information and she'll automatically be checked in at the same time pending her information being provided later?  Or, does all the information for both of us need to be provided at that initial check-in?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by NJRonbo

For my recent check in, it opened around 7am Eastern time the day of registration, but I hear it varies. 

Passport info was required in the app but not on the website. Ask your girlfriend to send a picture of her passport to you if you are checking her in.

You can select your port arrival time and complete the rest of check in later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

For my recent check in, it opened around 7am Eastern time the day of registration, but I hear it varies. 

Passport info was required in the app but not on the website. Ask your girlfriend to send a picture of her passport to you if you are checking her in.

You can select your port arrival time and complete the rest of check in later. 

Excellent!

Thank You for this.

One thing I forgot to include.  She recently lost her license and is in the process of getting a replacement.

I take it that as long as I upload a photo of her Passport that will suffice?

35 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

upload a photo 

It's not uploading a photo---the app does an optical scan OF AN ACTUAL PASSPORT and reads the number (or you can manually enter the data).

• Like 1

Just now, jwlane said:

It's not uploading a photo---the app does an optical scan OF AN ACTUAL PASSPORT and reads the number (or you can manually enter the data).

Thanks for the clarification.  So, I will have my GF send me a photo of her Passport and I will manually enter the information since I don't have the original in hand.

As long as a driver's license is not involved (at the moment), it's all good.

4 minutes ago, jwlane said:

The app can scan the passport bar code info from a photo.  I do it all the time.  I have color copies ( not sure color is necessary) of both our passports which I use to checkin on the app, saves opening the safe to get them out out just to do check in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The app can scan the passport bar code info from a photo.  I do it all the time.  I have color copies ( not sure color is necessary) of both our passports which I use to checkin on the app, saves opening the safe to get them out out just to do check in.

Oh, that's great!  I'll make certain I get sent a clear photo with the barcode visible.