Bid for Upgrade Question

Morgsmom

Newbie to NCL here.  We currently have a cruise booked (and paid in full if that makes a difference) for September.  I have the NCL app downloaded and when I go to enter my name/res # on the Room Upgrade section it says that my reservation # is not found.  Thus my questions:  1) are the bids to upgrade emailed to guests, 2) do first time guests (potentially) get the emails, 3) how far in advance would such a process happen?  

I'm very familiar with the process on MSC, but this is our first NCL. Thanks in advance.

1) Yes, you should get an email. But you can also enter your info in like you tried.  

2) You should, NCL wants to make $$ any way the can and new cruisers $$ is just as green as someone who has cruised 25 times.  But if you don't see #1.

3) I want to say bidding opens up 80 days (or close to that) prior to boarding.  

More FAQ's can be found here:

UPGRADE ADVANTAGE FAQ

Hope that helps

• Like 1

It's possible you have a second NCL account. Have you ever created one before? If so, your reservation may be tagged to it. Give NCL a call or do the chat. They'll get it straightened out for you whether it's merging accounts or some other issue. 

• Like 1

be aware, not everyone gets an offer to bid on an upgrade, so if you get one great, if not you havent lost or been cheated out of anything.

my best advice (always) is: book the cabin you want with your initial booking: