Multiple Drinks At Once Question

So I understand that I can't get 2 drinks at once with the alcohol package, but if I don't get the package can I purchase 2 beers at once for my wife and I without her standing there with me?

Or

If we both buy the package can I just take both our passes or whatever we get showing we each have the drink package to the bar and get 2 drinks at once that way again just by myself?

Appreciate any insight as first cruise in 10 years.

Just now, uncbossfan17 said:

So I understand that I can't get 2 drinks at once with the alcohol package, but if I don't get the package can I purchase 2 beers at once for my wife and I without her standing there with me?

Or

If we both buy the package can I just take both our passes or whatever we get showing we each have the drink package to the bar and get 2 drinks at once that way again just by myself?

Appreciate any insight as first cruise in 10 years.

Yes to both.

• Thanks 1

It’s possible a server could deny the request to get two at once with the package and her not present.  Usually it isn’t an issue and once they know you (typically after seeing you and her once) it is certainly not an issue.  So in a nut shell, you will be fine either way.  

• Thanks 1

We were on the Oasis in October.  My husband had the package and I didn't (we were in two different rooms because of kid logistics).  Every time he went to the bar to order himself a drink and myself he was given a hard time.  He always told them to charge for the second drink.  Most of the time they told him they couldn't do that (no idea why) and they'd end up not charging for both.  After that happened a few times he would go to the bar with my card and that fixed the problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Most of the time they told him they couldn't do that (no idea why) and they'd end up not charging for both.  After that happened a few times he would go to the bar with my card and that fixed the problem.

That doesn't sound like a problem that needed fixing...

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mandream said:

That doesn't sound like a problem that needed fixing...

Mike

LOL I didn't want any problems.  The last time he tried the one waiter wasn't pretty rude to him.  Not something we wanted to deal with on vacation.   And to be honest I don't really drink.