Dress Code

Cherber

I am sure this has been asked and answered but could someone tell me what the dress code on the ship is for dinner?  I have been reading conflicting information on different sites.  I do not want to overpack. My husband and I have been on other cruise lines, and they usually dress up. We are hoping for this cruise to French Polynesia is more relaxed. 

It's definitely more relaxed! I'm bringing a few sun dresses for dinner, which are also appropriate to wear during the day. It's what's commonly referred to as "resort casual". If you look at Cruis Critic's professional review of the ship, this is what it says:

These tropical itineraries call for casual attire by day and country-club or elegant resortwear clothing by night. During the day, you'll need bathing suits, cover-ups, shorts, shoes that are comfortable for walking or hiking, and reef shoes, a must for the private island experiences, where rocks, broken bits of coral and sea cucumbers can make for an uncomfortable walk. Bug spray with DEET is also a necessity in the lush, tropical environment.

At night, women traditionally wear skirts or slacks or capris with blouses, and men go for trousers and short-sleeved collared shirts. (Think "Tommy Bahama," rather than golf shirts.) On Tahitian Night, which occurs once a cruise, women are encouraged to wear pareos (Tahitian wraparound skirts, which are available ashore at the various ports or in the ship's gift shop), and men don Polynesian shirts. Fill your suitcase with lightweight clothes made of natural fibers (cotton, linen and silk), and you'll have everything you need.

Country club casual  .... at dinner time

No shorts in the main dinning room or Veranda ... Le Grille sometimes allows shorts but I would ask the head waiter prior. Guys can where fancy sandals such as Birkenstocks as long as they are wearing long pants  ... no levies. Collared shirts with full button up ... such as a Tommy Bahama or similar. 

Most ladies wear a sun dress of light and airy pants with a nice blouse. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna