HAL Two rooms - Have it all offer?

Lcarb12_4

Hello, 

Husband and I are traveling with 2 kids and MIL.l next month. We booked 2 rooms, one to me and the second to my husband, so our reservations aren’t connected. In reality my MIL will stay in one room with the kids and hubby and I will take the second room. Now that we are finalizing plans I am paying attention to the Have it all offer but it’s only available for one of the rooms with only 2 guests. This is my husband and one of the kids. 

We are not trying to manipulate the system but now I wish I would have booked two adults into the second room.

I have a couple questions:

-would I be able to substitute myself for my son to use the specialty dining option? Or

-could we change room assignments once on board?

-although I know the drinks package is not shareable, is there any advantage to having only one room have it? Might we be required to get it for both rooms? 

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The place for all the HAL questions is the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to HAL, located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/103-holland-america-line/

Personally, I don't understand why Have it All can't be applied to both rooms. The only hang up is those under 18 can't be included in the drink package.

Where did you book this? could they have screwed something up?

Yes, you can switch occupants around when on board.

If you booked an adults room and a kids room, that might cause the disconnect. You should be able to keep the same rooms and finagle the promos to get what you want. The Have It All promo only applies to the first two passengers in a cabin. Have your TA slot the right people in the passenger 1 & 2 positions.

10 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Why don't you officially list MIL and kids in one cabin and you and your husband in the other.  Also, the two cabins can be linked together in the reservation system.  

That would make the most sense since that is the arrangement the OP is actually intending.  She needs to understand that the cabin cards will show both the person and the HIA.  If the husband remains booked in the MIL room, the MIL will also need to buy the HIA, regardless of whether she really wants it.  I am puzzled as to why OP even booked the current arrangement.  It was unnecessary. 

Thank you all for your input!

We booked ourselves direct with HAL. Due to finances my husband booked one room and I did the other. We assumed the payment would need to be associated with the booking adult.

Seems that the issue was with the one adult and one child room.

Regardless, we’ve called in and got it all squared away. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Also, kids are cheaper when 3rd and 4th pax.

Not sure if there is a way to reshuffle that says money that way.

This scenario is a good example of better to ask the pros when making this kind of decision