Identifying Luggage

PammyJeanB

I'd like to mark our checked luggage with something that'll really stand out when we are looking for it at the luggage claims.

I thought I'd put a bright neon colored initial on it, but I can't find any type of paint that works with fabric.....it just sinks in....:(

Any suggestions?

Fabric paints are available at most craft stores, or you can use the puffy paints in the small bottles with the pointed tip, sits right on top of most fabrics. Someone posted that they used one that came in a tube with a rollerball type of end, sort of like a bingo marker. Others use fluffy yarn pompoms or colored duct tape.

We use coloured wool round the handle, PLUS a highly coloured strap, you can get them about 2 for $1.00, at any $ store. It is also one extra thing for a person to open, when facing unlocked luggage! john

I use those nylon balls that you use in the shower for bathing. They come in many bright colors, can get a bag of them at the dollar store. They sit on top of the luggage and are easily spotted. Now, if everyone were to start using these, I'd never find my own! :D

Use colored duct tape.

I bought a roll of red duct tape and put strips on back and front of all our bags. They look real 'travelled' and so easy to spot- especially on the airport claim area. I could even pick ours out in the large containers waiting to be put aboard on embarkation

I travel quite a bit and I put either yellow or orange duct tape down both sides of my bags as well as one across the top.I have never had a problem finding my bag and have had more people say "I wish I had done that" after they have looked a most of the bags coming out.When it wears thin I just put on another piece,but it will last for many trips.

I use the bright neon straps, but I put them length-wise AND horizontally., ie 2 different colored neon straps on each bag. I figure if someone is going to get into it, they're going to have to do a little work!

I've been using unusual neon fabrics tied around the handles since the early 90s, but now lots of people are doing that. So I also added designs to my luggage. Cute and very easy.

Just take a stencil in your favorite design or letters and spray paint the design onto the fabric. Very easy to do and easy to spot.

1) We have bright blue luggage. Really stands out in a sea of black

2) Our luggage is hybrid--hard back, soft front, so we have destination stickers on the hard side.

3) We use landscape ties (it's a plastic "tape" that we use when we're marking off trees or construction, etc--plastic, but you can tear it with your hands, comes in all sorts of bright colors and we always have it at our house) to tie on to the straps.

We NEVER have a hard time finding our bags. Unless I decide to bring the smaller, black rolling bag....

Try making your own tags with neon construction paper and laminating it however big and whatever shape you want it. Punch a hole thru a corner and use a plastic cable tie to secure it to your bag. I attach several to every bag and they really stand out. Very cheap to make and it'll last forever. Use several colors to really stand out!

We just simply spray painted our luggage International Orange. That is the color they use for traffic cones and for other emergency items that need to be easily observed. Definetly easy to see and identify as yours.

Looks not the greatest but extremely effective.

I use those nylon balls that you use in the shower for bathing. They come in many bright colors, can get a bag of them at the dollar store. They sit on top of the luggage and are easily spotted. Now, if everyone were to start using these, I'd never find my own! :D

We did this on our last cruise. Everybody complemented us on our great idea. We had bright purple and turquoise shower poofs. Plus we then used neon green luggage tags and luggage locks.

Neon pink duct tape on the corners on a strip on the front and back. DH laughed at me when I did this, but hey we were out of the terminal with all of our luggage in about 5 minutes...others were searching in vain. Plus we have always used curling ribbon in bright colors on the handles (when we travel with the kids, we create a theme with the colors). Some of the stuff like the shower poufs gets caught on conveyor belts and such. My mom tried that and they cut them all off at the airport because they said they were too bulky.

Archived