A future cruise booked whilst on board

panda5

Hi.  I recently disembarked from a cruise and whilst on board booked another cruise and paid the deposit.  I was given $300 on board credit and was told that we could change once to another cruise .  I didnt have a travel agent at the time but have subsequently given the booking over to a recommendation.  Now however we dont want to go on that booked cruise but another cruise later on in the year.  

Herein lies my question:  The travel agent I chose I might not want to keep as Ive found another cruise travel agent offering me a much better deal, unless it can be matched.  If it can then I will stay with the first travel agent.

Can I give the booking to the second travel agent who can then take over the booking which has been given to the first travel agent?  The second travel agent doesnt know anything about this .... yet!

Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

would there still be a saving if you need to pay the first travel agent their commission to release the booking to another agent?

I have no idea - at this stage the first travel agent has only quoted me for another cruise and I need to confirm or not this week.  Good point though.  Thx

The first agent may have a cancellation fee.  Check the small print of your invoice from him/her.  You would never have to pay the agent their commission - only the cancellation fee, if there is one. 
I'm not sure on Azamara's booking transfer policy but some cruise lines say it must be done with 30 or 60 days of inception. I tried Googling it but no luck.  Your original TA should be able to tell you what your options are.  Just be up front with him/her and explain the situation.  Most TAs are pretty reasonable.

22 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

The first agent may have a cancellation fee.  Check the small print of your invoice from him/her.  You would never have to pay the agent their commission - only the cancellation fee, if there is one. 
I'm not sure on Azamara's booking transfer policy but some cruise lines say it must be done with 30 or 60 days of inception. I tried Googling it but no luck.  Your original TA should be able to tell you what your options are.  Just be up front with him/her and explain the situation.  Most TAs are pretty reasonable.

the only invoice I have is from Azamara. The agent who it has been assigned to hasn’t invoiced me for anything. Azamara have just assigned the booking to that agent. I paid the deposit direct to Azamara whilst on board. 

7 hours ago, panda5 said:

the only invoice I have is from Azamara. The agent who it has been assigned to hasn’t invoiced me for anything. Azamara have just assigned the booking to that agent. I paid the deposit direct to Azamara whilst on board. 

Unfortunately Azamara has for some time (pre-covid) assigned cruises booked on board to the same TA who handled the cruise one is on when making the new booking, whether that is what you want or not.

We had quite some difficulty having that overturned at the time of booking on board several years ago.

14 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Unfortunately Azamara has for some time (pre-covid) assigned cruises booked on board to the same TA who handled the cruise one is on when making the new booking, whether that is what you want or not.

We had quite some difficulty having that overturned at the time of booking on board several years ago.

Yes, that's automatic UNLESS you tell them right then when you're booking the FCD.  You'll need the phone number of your new agent.  Otherwise, you need to make the change at home and in a timely manner.  With the current state of chaos at the headquarters, I'd think that issue would be pushed to the back burner.  Also, the agent may have a cancellation fee if you move the booking away from them.

28 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Yes, that's automatic UNLESS you tell them right then when you're booking the FCD.  You'll need the phone number of your new agent.  Otherwise, you need to make the change at home and in a timely manner.  With the current state of chaos at the headquarters, I'd think that issue would be pushed to the back burner.  Also, the agent may have a cancellation fee if you move the booking away from them.

Thanks. I changed the agent on board but I might want to change to another agent. Not sure yet. Waiting for more prices to come in. 

Can somebody clarify a few points re booking a future cruise whilst on board please.

If I take advantage of the low deposit and then transfer to a TA will I have to pay any additional deposit the TA may ask for?

Also if I transfer the booking to a TA and then decide to change the itinerary (which I believe I am able to do once) then  I would most likely need to stay with that TA and their pricing unless they agreed to release the ooking

Does booking on board give you any guarantees if there are price drops and again would there be any complications if I had transferred the booking to a TA

Thank You

5 hours ago, Billy Butlin said:

Can somebody clarify a few points re booking a future cruise whilst on board please.

If I take advantage of the low deposit and then transfer to a TA will I have to pay any additional deposit the TA may ask for?

Also if I transfer the booking to a TA and then decide to change the itinerary (which I believe I am able to do once) then  I would most likely need to stay with that TA and their pricing unless they agreed to release the ooking

Does booking on board give you any guarantees if there are price drops and again would there be any complications if I had transferred the booking to a TA

Thank You

I paid the low deposit on board.  I have now changed my original booking to another cruise which I can do as you are allowed 1 change.  I also just paid another deposit to the TA.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:19 AM, Billy Butlin said:

Thank You

We have booked onboard many times.  You will not have to pay any additional deposit.  If you decide to change the itinerary, your TA would have to do that so you would most likely stay with that TA.  Once you transfer the booking, you no longer are able to do much with your booking - AZ will only deal with your TA.  

I'm not sure what is happening with the cruise price guarantee - I think that page disappeared with the new website but might be wrong.  Our TA has always been able to get our reservation adjusted for price drops and/or higher OBC offers that have been posted.  That's one of the many benefits of having a good TA.

• Like 1