Anything for kids?

kelkel2

We’re in the beginning stages of planning a cruise next summer. We’re going to Cozumel, mahogany bay, and costa maya. 
We know we want to do the beach in mahogany bay, unsure of Cozumel yet, and we’ve never been to costa maya. Our kids are still on the young side, they’ll be almost 6 for this cruise. I am hoping to find something that they would love without breaking the bank. 
Any family friendly things you can think of? I’m not at all against doing a ship excursion but don’t necessarily want to wander off on our own like we did before kids. 

20 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

We’re in the beginning stages of planning a cruise next summer. We’re going to Cozumel, mahogany bay, and costa maya. 
We know we want to do the beach in mahogany bay, unsure of Cozumel yet, and we’ve never been to costa maya. Our kids are still on the young side, they’ll be almost 6 for this cruise. I am hoping to find something that they would love without breaking the bank. 
Any family friendly things you can think of? I’m not at all against doing a ship excursion but don’t necessarily want to wander off on our own like we did before kids. 

With kids that age I would stay in the port and enjoy the activities there - pool, aviary, watch flamingos, dolphins, traditional pole flyers and dancers. You can grab a drink or snack and return to the ship for main meals.

In the summer it is highly likely that the beaches could have sargassum.

Cozumel has far more activities for that age - playa Mia, Chankanaab, day pass to resort hotel - Allegro, El Cozumeleno, which have kids clubs

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

With kids that age I would stay in the port and enjoy the activities there - pool, aviary, watch flamingos, dolphins, traditional pole flyers and dancers. You can grab a drink or snack and return to the ship for main meals.

In the summer it is highly likely that the beaches could have sargassum.

Cozumel has far more activities for that age - playa Mia, Chankanaab, day pass to resort hotel - Allegro, El Cozumeleno, which have kids clubs

Oh there’s flamingos at the port area in costa maya? 
That’s pretty much what we just did on our cruise. We just stayed in the port area as we weren’t sure what our kiddos (currently 4) would enjoy. We were more than fine doing that and still would be for this cruise. I just don’t know anything about this port, so I wasn’t sure if there was anything that is a don’t miss activity! 

15 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Oh there’s flamingos at the port area in costa maya? 
That’s pretty much what we just did on our cruise. We just stayed in the port area as we weren’t sure what our kiddos (currently 4) would enjoy. We were more than fine doing that and still would be for this cruise. I just don’t know anything about this port, so I wasn’t sure if there was anything that is a don’t miss activity! 

I am not keen on giving You tube links and you are welcome to google for yourself, but this one is quite a comprehensive review and recent review which might be useful  if this is your first time

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am not keen on giving You tube links and you are welcome to google for yourself, but this one is quite a comprehensive review and recent review which might be useful  if this is your first time

Thank you!!!

• Thanks 1