Navigator Outlets

We will be sailing Montreal/NYC June 11th.  Have sailed Mariner, Voyager, and Explorer, but our first time on Navigator. My DH recently began using a CPAP machine.  I’ve already ordered distilled water for our cabin.   My question ….. is there an electrical outlet (US) on the nightstand?

Thank you😊

We are on Navigator as we speak. There is a 220v (3-hole outlet) above the nightstand, but your machine would need to be able to operate on 220.

However, if the cpap-user sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the little vanity area - there is a 110-120v outlet right under the mirror.  Outlet is within 4 ft of the bedside.

Edited by Kwaj girl
  • Like 1

Thank you for your response.  We have a six foot extension cord and the CPAP’s cord is over 3 feet.  As to which side of the bed….we will wait and see upon boarding.  
Cannot wait to sail the little Navigator!

enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

OilPainter - Hi!  I've got a lot of experience with using a CPAP on the Navigator.  Kwaz girl also had lots of experience with the Navigator layout.  😉  Just bring along a long extension cord.  A 10 to 12-footer (along with the cord that comes with the CPAP) will be enough to make it from the nearest 110volt receptacles from either side of the bed to your machine.  As Kwaj said, on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom, there's a 110 receptacle on the small make-up/vanity table along the side of the bed.  On the other side, there is a table (near the mini-bar) across the room from that side of the bed.  But having a longer extension cord (it will have to be something longer than 6ft...more like 10ft) will reach it.  Just be damn careful that you don't trip on it in the dark in the middle of the night while walking to the bathroom!  Also disconnect the cords during the daytime and put them in a drawer.  Another alternative is to get an adapter plug so that your CPAP 110volt plug can plug into the 220v 3-hole outlets that are above the bedside tables on each side of the bed.  Most every CPAP machine is made to be "dual-voltage"...110V and 220V.  But you need the correct plug adapter for it's American plug to fit into the European wall receptacle.  I've attached a pic of the Navigator receptacles that are on each side of the bed so you'll know which adapter you'll need (For some inexplicable reason...Europe seems to have about "150 different types" of wall receptacles)...one of the mysteries of the Universe". 🤪 Regards.

NavigatorReceptacle.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OilPainter2020 said:

Thank you!!  Great information and now I can relax knowing all be well. 
I appreciate both quick responses!

Happy sailing!

To add to what Pingpong said... just get an adapter.  You can use either the 3 prong or 2 prong European adapter.  We used the 2 prong Type C (European) adapter last summer on Navigator.  Note...you do NOT need a converter.  Just double check on your CPAP that it is dual voltage.  

Untitleddesign-2020-11-09T041704.832_1024x1024@2x-1.webp

• Like 1

Another question if OP doesn’t mind me piggy backing on this thread- we are sailing first time on Regent in August. Are you allowed to bring an extension cord aboard? Our previous experience is with Celebrity - we could not bring one aboard there but they supplied one and taped it down for husband’s CPAP. 

Yes you can bring an extension cord on the ship. I take one short one with multiple plugs for the desk area and one long one for the bed area or sofa for my heating pad. No problem as of Dec…2 ships three cruises.

45 minutes ago, MarEll1 said:

Another question if OP doesn’t mind me piggy backing on this thread- we are sailing first time on Regent in August. Are you allowed to bring an extension cord aboard? Our previous experience is with Celebrity - we could not bring one aboard there but they supplied one and taped it down for husband’s CPAP. 

Please piggy back on my post - I learn from so many on these boards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

To add to what Pingpong said... just get an adapter.  You can use either the 3 prong or 2 prong European adapter.  We used the 2 prong Type C (European) adapter last summer on Navigator.  Note...you do NOT need a converter.  Just double check on your CPAP that it is dual voltage.  

Untitleddesign-2020-11-09T041704.832_1024x1024@2x-1.webp

I will see if we have this adapter.   Or order from Amazon. 
Thank you!

• Like 2

One of our suitcases was not delivered to our cabin. I'm 95% sure this was on Navigator.   When I went down just before we sailed to ask about it, they said it was held up in security.  Shortly after that, the suitcase was delivered, without our extension cord.  It was one with a switch and 3 outlets.  I don't think it has a circuit breaker, but it looks like a power strip with one.  Power strips with circuit breakers can cause big problems on a ship, so don't bring one of those.  They finally returned it to us several days later, after engineering decided it was safe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...