Getting to booked tour meeting point with free shuttle

dess_je

Hello all,

I have an e bike tour booked in Marseille and I was wondering if the free shuttle from the terminal to city center is still running? 

I asked the tour operator for a pick-up/drop off service and it will cost me 100 euro 😬.

So this shuttle might save me some moneyyyy...💰

Also do you guys know where exactly this free shuttle bus will drop you off, so I can plan my mode of transport to the meeting point. Either walking, by bus or an uber

My meeting point address is: 25 Quai de Rive Neuve. 

Many thanks in advance

Desi

The shuttle goes from near the port entrance to Joliette Metro.Two weeks ago, there were at least 200 people lined up waiting at 10.30; I think your chances of getting to a specific meeting point on time are remote.

My transfer was scheduled for 10.30, so I didn't pay any attention before that, but I'd guess soon after arrival, we never left the Schengen area so it was just another port stop for most.

Edited by Dancer Bob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dess_je said:

Thanks for you reply Bob. 'On Paper' ship is scheduled to dock at 9:00 am. How long did it take before people could leave the ship?

Usually you can disembark within minutes of the actual docking. Unless there is an unforeseen complication.

• 2 weeks later...

Fos port is actually quite a long way from the city centre, Guesstimate maybe 5 or 6 miles or even a little more, but the port itself is huge and you may be docked further from the gate than you might expect

.I did a quick google of the meeting up location and it is next to the Vieux Port so that is a positive as it is close to where ship shuttles usually drop off.

The negative is that you gave no indication of your meeting time so impossible for anyone to advise if you will make it on time or not.

My reply to this similar but slightly different question can be found here and you may find it helpful to read.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2940080-marseille-port-royal-to-mucem/#comment-65439735

Edited by edinburgher