Not completing check in docs on line

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I just hope I am not one of those pax in line behind him.  😉 

No worse than people who have checked in but walk up to the counter without any of their documents out and are fumbling through their bags to find them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No worse than people who have checked in but walk up to the counter without any of their documents out and are fumbling through their bags to find them.

Exactly!!  😄  Or......Daddy frantically thumbing through his phone to find the info for his whole family.  

Me...I simply print out just the set sail pass, clip it to size, and hand over with my passport (and previously my Vax card).   Easy peasy...done in 2 minutes.  😉 

• Like 5

I cruise on Carnival mostly and do all my check in's in advance, print all my docs and have them in hand when I get there. 

I have a coworker that was boarding a Royal Caribbean ship today.  He only filled out the health documents for himself, didn't complete anything else.  And there were three others in his room with no docs at all completed.  Didn't print anything,  not even luggage tags.  I tired to help but he wouldn't listen.  I feel sorry for the people in line behind him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tbone77 said:

I cruise on Carnival mostly and do all my check in's in advance, print all my docs and have them in hand when I get there. 

I have a coworker that was boarding a Royal Caribbean ship today.  He only filled out the health documents for himself, didn't complete anything else.  And there were three others in his room with no docs at all completed.  Didn't print anything,  not even luggage tags.  I tired to help but he wouldn't listen.  I feel sorry for the people in line behind him.

Nice of you to try to help.  They will hold up the line, but not necessary for the person behind them.  There are numerous check-in counters, so the next person in line will be directed to the next available agent.   

I hope it ends well for your friends. 

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Now I haven't written a physical check, especially to the grocery store in probably 10 or 15 years.  Here where we live, (hate to brush with a broad brush here) but it seems that the older women stand in line watching the groceries go by, then the total is rung up. Then they start fishing thru their purse for the checkbook and a pen.  Then start writing the check, hand over the check, then go to the purse/wallet to fish out their driver's license.  UGH!  

I hold them in the same "high regard" as those at the terminal with no paperwork.  It is so easy to do things ahead of time.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fsufancc said:

Now I haven't written a physical check, especially to the grocery store in probably 10 or 15 years.  Here where we live, (hate to brush with a broad brush here) but it seems that the older women stand in line watching the groceries go by, then the total is rung up. Then they start fishing thru their purse for the checkbook and a pen.  Then start writing the check, hand over the check, then go to the purse/wallet to fish out their driver's license.  UGH!  

I hold them in the same "high regard" as those at the terminal with no paperwork.  It is so easy to do things ahead of time.  

This older woman stands watching the goods go by with pricing (which I have caught their mistakes more times than you would think), and has CC in hand instantly ready to insert into the chip reader.  

Guess I don't fit into your mold.  😉 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

This older woman stands watching the goods go by with pricing (which I have caught their mistakes more times than you would think), and has CC in hand instantly ready to insert into the chip reader.  

Guess I don't fit into your mold.  😉 

You don't because you are ready to pay and have your card in hand.

• Like 1