Carnival Celebration April 30/23

abby1257

WOW!  What an amazing cruise this was.  This ship is HUGE...I mean if i was in my cabin and had to go to Guest Services...count on 20 minutes....We sure got our exercise...Food was wonderful...Lots to do on the lido during the sea days...Question...has anyone heard of a drink called a BUSHWACKER....When I ordered one the lido  bartender looked at me like I had 3 heads....he then talked with another bartender and they kinda looked at me funny.....He put some sort of concoction together...Koodoos to him for trying...I took a sip....and thanked god I had free drinks anywhere on the ship....It was kinda funny...No worries.....The only other thing I was kinda surprised at was that they didn't have individual yogurts....you had go get a bowl and spoon it out of a large open bowl....Missed my banana yogurt...no biggy....had a WONDERFUL TIME... Another reason I keep coming back to Carnival...

Bushwacker:

The Bushwacker is a cocktail invented in 1975 at the Ship's Store, Sapphire Pub at Sapphire Village in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. It is similar to a creamy, chocolate piña colada. The original recipe called for Vodka, Kahlua, Dark Crème de Cacao, Coco Lopez (cream of coconut), a splash of Triple sec and milk that's spun in a blender with ice and topped with a grating of fresh nutmeg. However, the recipe now has as many variations as there are gin joints or bartenders. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwacker_(cocktail)

Forgot to add:

If you have a favorite drink and it falls outside the "usual stuff", on cruise lines it is usually best to make sure you know how to make it so you can tell them.  Especially at a Lido bar.  Alchemy might know it.  The Lido folks are slinging margaritas and Miami Vices and whatnot.  And cans of beer.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

23 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Glad you had a great time. We were also on that cruise. Only took us a couple minutes to get to guest services since we were on deck 8.

only had to go once when my wife thought she lost her sail and sign card.

We were also on deck 8 at the VERY BACK OF THE SHIP...LOL...Plus getting old doesn't help

8 minutes ago, beshears said:

So it looks like those of you who have replied here, for the most part, you like the Celebration ship, which I'm in the "thinking" mode for 8 of us in February next year.

In the past I have disliked everything Carnival produced larger than Spirit class, I do not care for the Vista or the Horizon, but the Celebration was awesome. Carnival really has hit the mark here. I booked two more Excel class cruises as soon as I got home. Jubilee in January!

On 5/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, abby1257 said:

WOW!  What an amazing cruise this was.  This ship is HUGE...I mean if i was in my cabin and had to go to Guest Services...count on 20 minutes....We sure got our exercise...Food was wonderful...Lots to do on the lido during the sea days...Question...has anyone heard of a drink called a BUSHWACKER....When I ordered one the lido  bartender looked at me like I had 3 heads....he then talked with another bartender and they kinda looked at me funny.....He put some sort of concoction together...Koodoos to him for trying...I took a sip....and thanked god I had free drinks anywhere on the ship....It was kinda funny...No worries.....The only other thing I was kinda surprised at was that they didn't have individual yogurts....you had go get a bowl and spoon it out of a large open bowl....Missed my banana yogurt...no biggy....had a WONDERFUL TIME... Another reason I keep coming back to Carnival...

Bushwacker is "Thee" drink at Patriots Point in St Thomas and we had a few