Where to get decaf coffee or iced tea for travel mug on Majestic

madre2

In need of some more advice…not a critical thing, but hoping for a nice comfortable cruise. We dream of just standing on our balcony, watching the scenery of Alaska, and drinking our favorite drinks from our travel mugs.  Can you tell us where we can get decaf for DH, and iced tea for me on the Majestic.   We will certainly not fill directly into our mugs, but will put in cups and then fill our Yetis.  Are both drinks available in the Marketplace,  or where is best to fill up in the morning?  Thanks to all!

7 minutes ago, madre2 said:

In need of some more advice…not a critical thing, but hoping for a nice comfortable cruise. We dream of just standing on our balcony, watching the scenery of Alaska, and drinking our favorite drinks from our travel mugs.  Can you tell us where we can get decaf for DH, and iced tea for me on the Majestic.   We will certainly not fill directly into our mugs, but will put in cups and then fill our Yetis.  Are both drinks available in the Marketplace,  or where is best to fill up in the morning?  Thanks to all!

7 minutes ago, madre2 said:

International Cafe has brewed coffee and specialty coffees, including decaf.  You can get iced tea in the buffet or through room service.  The buffet coffee is not the best.

• Like 1

In the Buffet Area, there is a selection of teas, including decaf.  ON the Ruby last month it was a Lipton decaf and it was not very good.

I prefer Twinnings English Breakfast Decaf.  (They have English Breakfast, but not decaf).  So I bring my own in a ziplock bag, and put a couple in my pocket at the start of the day (and refill if I get back to my cabin before hand). 

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

International Cafe has brewed coffee and specialty coffees, including decaf.  You can get iced tea in the buffet or through room service.  The buffet coffee is not the best.

These drinks from the IC are charged to your folio.  They are not free unless you have a beverage package.

• Like 1

On past cruises the iced tea has been from concentrate (yuck) so I get tea bags in the marketplace and brew my own for iced tea. I’m very particular about iced tea and will only drink fresh brewed. 

• Like 3

Go to the Lido, either side. The other good spot, if breakfast is crowded, is aft outside, which I used on the LA-Vancouver Majestic trip since there were hundreds of Chinese on board, so there were many filling thermoses and water bottles straight from the spout--one guy filled a backpack full of bottles of hot and cold water. Fortunately, there are two coffee machines at each station, and iced tea also. You can also simply order a pot of decaf delivered to your room. They have a good selection of teas in the buffet too, including several variety of Twinings and decaf, so you might try making your own tea in a bottle and then storing it in the fridge, so you have some always available. 

• Like 2

For coffee, no need to be carrying around a thermal tankard of it all day.  I'd order room service coffee when you were in your cabin and didn't want to leave.  I'd think that room service can also get you set up with tea.  You'll find good tea and coffee at the International Cafe, all day.  I highly recommend having Princess Plus as it will get you your better quality NA beverages, including brewed coffee and tea from the IC at no extra charge.

There is so much ship, that you will really more likely spend a few hours in your cabin, and then find that you want to be more active so you'll go out, attend something that is on the schedule, and while you are moving about the ship you'll have the opportunity to stop by so many venues that you can get beverages in.  It is easy to get a fresh beverage of your choice anywhere on board and generally very convenient to where you are.  Plus, with the Medallion, you can order items on the app and they will be delivered to you.