Is Ambassador only for British?

Not that I’m aware of - my DH and I sailed with them in March and got talking to a Canadian gentleman who was sailing with his British wife. My understanding was that he was resident in the UK but still travelling on a Canadian passport. I think there is often an assumption that because they sail out of the UK and are very much aimed at the “British market” (whatever that means) that there are restrictions. However I also think they don’t make it easy for non-UK residents to book… I think Saga have a similar reputation. As previously suggested I’d contact them direct to discuss the options. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I might have seen somewhere that you have to be a UK citizen to cruise on Ambassador? Is this true? Thanks in advance

It doesn't look that way from their terms & conditions.

I suggest you email them on guestservices@ambassadorcruiseline.com

• Thanks 1

My husband is travelling on his Canadian passport.  They never asked for his UK residency status.

I would just confirm whether the travel insurance requirement pertains to citizens of other countries and if so, ensure they accept your insurance.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, kmw350 said:

I don't believe so. Give them a call to confirm though.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, Martha1974 said:

Not that I’m aware of - my DH and I sailed with them in March and got talking to a Canadian gentleman who was sailing with his British wife. My understanding was that he was resident in the UK but still travelling on a Canadian passport. I think there is often an assumption that because they sail out of the UK and are very much aimed at the “British market” (whatever that means) that there are restrictions. However I also think they don’t make it easy for non-UK residents to book… I think Saga have a similar reputation. As previously suggested I’d contact them direct to discuss the options. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, Britboys said:

It doesn't look that way from their terms & conditions.

I suggest you email them on guestservices@ambassadorcruiseline.com

On 5/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, Milaandra said:

My husband is travelling on his Canadian passport.  They never asked for his UK residency status.

I would just confirm whether the travel insurance requirement pertains to citizens of other countries and if so, ensure they accept your insurance.

I emailed and they confirmed that anyone can book. Thank you all for your help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There were several Americans on my cruise.  Some of whom had flown in (and out) specifically for that cruise

No-Fly cruises seem to be a thing more prevalent in the UK.  Other nationals don't seem to have this aversion to flying somewhere to start their cruise holiday. (probably because for most of then, potential starting points are much harder to get to)

• Like 1