Jump to content

Airport to Hotel transfer


Recommended Posts

We did the opposite cruise last April, Starting in Spokane.  We landing about midnight (flight delays) and we just called an Uber.  About $30 and quick and easy.

 

You will love the cruise - one of our best ever.  We liked it so much we booked an AQV Mississippi cruise for the next July.  It was also wonderful.  For a river cruise, their entertainment was surprisingly good.  The food was excellent, especially the unlimited lobster claws at the grill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mreasier said:

We did the opposite cruise last April, Starting in Spokane.  We landing about midnight (flight delays) and we just called an Uber.  About $30 and quick and easy.

 

You will love the cruise - one of our best ever.  We liked it so much we booked an AQV Mississippi cruise for the next July.  It was also wonderful.  For a river cruise, their entertainment was surprisingly good.  The food was excellent, especially the unlimited lobster claws at the grill.

Appreciate the response.  Kind of what I had in mind but no harm in checking.  Like the sound of the additional information - looking forward to the trip.  All info appreciated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Portland's airport is small and easy to navigate. There will be taxis, which is how I got from the airport to downtown. Uber is another option, slightly less expensive. 

 

What hotel do they have you at?

Tks - don't have a hotel yet - going in 2024

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

We take the MAX light rail service (Red Line).  It's fast, cheap, and leaves right from the airport.

 

http://trimet.org/max/index.htm

Appreciate the info.  Does the train get you close to hotel or do you need to grab a taxi from the station?  No issue with luggage?  BTW - we are just 30 minutes from Charlotte

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

Does the train get you close to hotel or do you need to grab a taxi from the station?  No issue with luggage?

Unfortunately, hard to answer that until you know where your hotel is located.  The Red Line stops at Pioneer Station, right in the heart of downtown. We stayed at downtown hotels twice - different cruise company - not AQV.  Both times we were just a couple of blocks from the river and the ship - easy walk. No issue with luggage.  We had just carry-on luggage, but the rail cars were roomy.

 

On one of our trips, we went a day early, stayed at Best Western Pony Express (free shuttle from PDX, not as expensive as downtown hotels) then next day walked a short distance to the Red Line and caught a ride to our cruise hotel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Unfortunately, hard to answer that until you know where your hotel is located.  The Red Line stops at Pioneer Station, right in the heart of downtown. We stayed at downtown hotels twice - different cruise company - not AQV.  Both times we were just a couple of blocks from the river and the ship - easy walk. No issue with luggage.  We had just carry-on luggage, but the rail cars were roomy.

 

On one of our trips, we went a day early, stayed at Best Western Pony Express (free shuttle from PDX, not as expensive as downtown hotels) then next day walked a short distance to the Red Line and caught a ride to our cruise hotel.

Figured as much.  Info provided helps.  Will work out when the time comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I don't recall the price but they had transfers to both the airport and to the hotel they used.  We had an interesting experience in that the transfer bus we were scheduled on had a tire go flat in the parking lot.  This was on Labor Day a couple of years ago and there was no place open to get it fixed.  They sent people in taxis, limos and whatever means they could find to make their flights.  In the meantime they put together sandwiches, snacks, and opened the bar.  They really went all out to make the best of the situation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2023 at 8:06 PM, ericosmith said:

I don't recall the price but they had transfers to both the airport and to the hotel they used.  We had an interesting experience in that the transfer bus we were scheduled on had a tire go flat in the parking lot.  This was on Labor Day a couple of years ago and there was no place open to get it fixed.  They sent people in taxis, limos and whatever means they could find to make their flights.  In the meantime they put together sandwiches, snacks, and opened the bar.  They really went all out to make the best of the situation.  

Opened the bar...now that's what I call customer service!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...