Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

Well, that's probably going to be it for me tonight... Thanks to all of you who've been following along on my strange and twisted adventure. Hopefully things will start to look up tomorrow... Or, the ship might sink to the bottom of the ocean, who knows... We'll all find out together then... Good night.........

• Like 35

34 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I made up a little ground at least at the Extra Virgin Bar... Once I started throwing cash tips on the bar, suddenly a couple of my drinks ended up being no charge... (***Don't tell Virgin Voyages,)

Well, they know now.  🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, I'm probably (definitely) not making the pajama party tonight, so here's what my "costume" was going to be, for lack of a better one...

PXL_20230522_013623684.thumb.jpg.eeadd22d392558325e4dee11f3c03ae4.jpg

PXL_20230522_013630880.jpg

I don’t understand the boxer briefs. It’s all of the bad things about briefs combined with the bad things about boxers…I guess people wear them because I see a ton of them in the store. I just don’t understand why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm still pissed about that twenty four dollar drink... I had already laid a cash tip out for the guy, but I wanted to take it back when I found out how much he charged me. There's definitely no way that a reposado margarita should have been more than the anejo...

The first four drinks that you had were expensive, but priced right.  The cheapest was the silver at 14+, the reposado was 16+ and the anejo and the shot were both 18+.  But 24 for a reposado should have came with a lubricant back. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t understand the boxer briefs. It’s all of the bad things about briefs combined with the bad things about boxers…I guess people wear them because I see a ton of them in the store. I just don’t understand why.

My DH told me he likes them because they're not the old fashioned tighty whities and they're not like boxers since he likes his "boys" to have a home and not be loose.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

If you tap the line items in the wallet it will show you a receipt with a description of what you were charged for. 

I had ordered a specific, moderately priced whiskey at The Wake once and was charged for a significantly more expensive one. Sailor services contacted the restaurant and had it fixed for me the next day, so hopefully just some kind of mix up!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Jesus! That last shot by itself was the most expensive drink I've had so far. I've mentioned before how their pricing is extremely inconsistent. The same drink at a different bar, or even the same bar can differ exponentially...

Screenshot_20230521-174041.png

Just now, tbmrt said:

The inconsistencies in drink prices would really aggravate me.  

Are you leaving these charges as they are or getting the situation resolved?  Wonder if easier to ask price first and check it when at that bar?  

LOVING YOUR POSTS

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So, in my reservation switcheroo, I ended up booking Test Kitchen tonight at 6:45... That'll give me time to enjoy sail away, and I moved my favorite restaurant, Extra Virgin till Thursday evening...

What time was sail away?  I also made a 6:45 reservation and am thinking of moving mine back a bit

• Like 1

Another night full of technicolor dreams... The one right before I woke up was on a ship. I looked out the window to see what the weather was like and it was raining. We were sailing close to a huge mountain, and I mean really close. Next thing I knew, I woke up here and the weather was beautiful, but there were no mountains... 

I was able to successfully switch over to my backup phone without any issues whatsoever, and I need to put on some clothes and go find coffee STAT...

PXL_20230522_113400528.jpg

• Like 20

Gimme that strong black jet fuel! Supposed to be a ten dollar per day credit for specialty coffee, we'll see. They did credit me back for the premium WiFi, so that looks good. Trying to figure out what to do for breakfast. I think I'm going to try The Wake.

PXL_20230522_115105093.thumb.jpg.3281aed0e73102bd6774a7aa8b837def.jpg

Screenshot_20230522-074402.thumb.png.14f1ebfeda504e813157a541863937f0.png

Screenshot_20230522-074430.thumb.png.de6637cf667d4c2a14907619cacdef9c.png

PXL_20230522_114813611.jpg

• Like 12

Random thought from me. I’ve been traveling a lot for work and one thing I do is bring my own little book little Starbucks Columbia instant coffee in packs to hotels. To me they work great and I can just fill up a large cup with hot water, mix in the coffee and be done with it. Can you use your own cup for things like water and coffee?

• Like 1