Our Great Lakes magical mystery tour

uktog

Thanks for the lovely comments

This is certainly an itinerary I would recommend. As regards AQV keep an open mind, it’s not (and does not claim to be) 5 star. It has got areas it needs to work on, particularly communication, but if you can see beyond that and be flexible (as we had to do a few times) it’s a good way to see the lakes. Just remember you will be with an older crowd which will work for many but not for others. 

The service at breakfast this morning was non existent and the bed remains unmade - oh well back to reality 😀

• Haha 2

Ah yes, the "penalty phase" of travel--sorting through the accumulated mail, unpacking and washing clothes, reacquainting yourself with the kitchen. 

Yes, I have heard that river cruising attracts an older crowd. That doesn't bother me. I sail with HAL and Cunard, and although they aren't really God's Waiting Room, their average passenger age is not the young party demographic. I remember sitting on the pier with DH and my parents waiting to board QE2 many years ago. I looked around at the many people who looked older than my parents and hummed "You Make Me Feel So Young" until Mom shushed me.  And now some young snip is looking at me and thinking that--although she probably doesn't remember an old Frank Sinatra song! 

• Haha 1