Dining Reservations Before Final Payment?

calvin31

I’m Captains Circle Elite and we are doing our first cruise back since 2018 in August and this is our first time using the app and Dine My Way. Also….first time ever booking with a Princess Vacation Planner. I was sure I could make reservations before final payment as an Elite member (Princess website tells me I can) but when I tried in the app I was not allowed and got a pop up saying what you can see below. Of course I noticed that this message ALSO says I should be able to reserve as I am elite. My booking shows that I’m elite so it’s entered correctly.

So I contacted my PVP and she said that even if you are Elite you have to have final payment made before a reservation can be made. I asked her if this is a new change or what’s up with that as everything seems to say that I can do it. I haven’t heard back yet. 

Anyone have any similar experiences? Only thing I can think is that not all of us in the room are Elite but I didn’t think that should matter….

IMG_5668.png

Are you sure that the App knows that you are Elite?

In any event, call Princess and select the option for help with the app. The person that you finally reach can make the dining reservations for you.

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

Are you sure that the App knows that you are Elite?

In any event, call Princess and select the option for help with the app. The person that you finally reach can make the dining reservations for you.

“Something” is up for sure. It shows my ‘black’ pin on my profile on the app so one assumes it believes I’m Elite…. Good idea to call Princess….I didn’t know they had an app help line lol 👍 I will try that after hearing back from my PVP again. 

3 hours ago, calvin31 said:

“Something” is up for sure. It shows my ‘black’ pin on my profile on the app so one assumes it believes I’m Elite…. Good idea to call Princess….I didn’t know they had an app help line lol 👍 I will try that after hearing back from my PVP again. 

Your PVP should do this for you.  You shouldn’t have to call into PCL.

Check your account and summary on the website, to make sure it shows Elite.

Try the website version of the App, you may be able to reserve DMW.

Well she got back to me today and admitted that she made a mistake and offered to put me in touch with the Ocean Navigators since she doesn't have any access to issues with the app.  I haven't heard from them yet, but I did try the web-based app as was also suggested and it worked perfectly to make reservations.  Odd that it works but the regular app doesn't....and no reason why....

• Like 1

I'm glad you found a way to make your reservations. I get that screen on my iphone sporadically. I've even gotten it while on board, trying to change reservations. Obviously I have paid in full if I am on the ship! I'm platinum so no reason to see that screen, which is what I told the medallion app person I was referred to on board Crown in March. The person I spoke with agreed I should not see that screen. He took screenshots to look for answers but could only agree with me that the app is glitchy. He could not fix it. He suggested there may be an app update soon.🤨

• 2 weeks later...

To followup I called the number I was given and the only “help” I got was a suggestion to uninstall and reinstall…which I had already done to no avail. They then tried to upsell me to premier packages. Sigh. After the call I did the install again and still nothing. Then magically 2 days later….it worked!! (Final payment is today and we are excited to get going again:) )

• Like 1