TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, @Calnev1, just did my own recon work, and while all the other tables seem to have the shuffle machine….

IMG_2612.thumb.jpeg.08a648ff686d3d032bf3b2d720300cc5.jpeg

Fun21 looks like it might just be the shoe

IMG_2613.thumb.jpeg.830bf7f2bc89835f0133b56d0bb7c200.jpeg

That Fun21 table is most definitely the shoe with that large discard tray!  I love BJ but hate the machines, so this is definitely good news!  Thanks!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Darn - they installed those double sensors at every box (so more will play the "lucky ladies"). Nothing like bright lights to attract more moths! That frustrates me as it slows the game down - when people are playing that over, and over, and over. There's a reason that Carnival wants to encourage people to play that side bet, it yields an even higher house advantage!

Also, a traditional shoe at Fun21 lures in people who are trying to avoid a CSM - without many of them realizing the implications of being dealt from a (number of decks) where many 10's have been removed from play. It can be a "Fun" game, but look up strategy for Spanish21 first !

Oh well !

Interestingly, the double sensors are for the new version of Lucky Ladies, where they have increased the minimum bet to either $5 (left sensor) or $10 (right sensor).  In my recent experience on the Panorama, fewer people were wanting to bet that much money on the Ladies, so the game did not seem slower.

And yes Fun21 is  different game from regular blackjack due to the removal of the Kings, the bonuses that are paid out, the option for early surrender, etc..    But you no longer have to use the Spanish21 strategy, which itself is a slightly different game from Fun21 (e.g,, no ES and the bonuses are different).    As of about two months ago the internet now has a basic strategy crafted specifically to Carnival Corporation Fun21!   Check it out at https://wizardofodds.com/games/fun-21/, authored by BJ expert Michael Shackleford (the Wizard).

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Interestingly, the double sensors are for the new version of Lucky Ladies, where they have increased the minimum bet to either $5 (left sensor) or $10 (right sensor).  In my recent experience on the Panorama, fewer people were wanting to bet that much money on the Ladies, so the game did not seem slower.

And yes Fun21 is  different game from regular blackjack due to the removal of the Kings, the bonuses that are paid out, the option for early surrender, etc..    But you no longer have to use the Spanish21 strategy, which itself is a slightly different game from Fun21 (e.g,, no ES and the bonuses are different).    As of about two months ago the internet now has a basic strategy crafted specifically to Carnival Corporation Fun21!   Check it out at https://wizardofodds.com/games/fun-21/, authored by BJ expert Michael Shackleford (the Wizard).

The Wizard was my go-to source back "in the day". I'll have to go check that out.

At the $25 table, on the 5/20 Celebration sailing, there was always someone (usually 2+) playing that bet. It seems that they were not losing enough just betting $50-200/hand. I found it strange, with all the greens/blacks being bet at that table over 8 days that the host never came by to meet any of us. Granted, I suppose it was a busy week (Premier sailing - of which I was not a part - better perks booking other offers).

I always play two hands, and am often facing cards where I wish I was at a Blackjack Switch table (now, that's an interesting game). 🙂

Tom

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm guessing no pub-grub options in there? I'd hang out if there were wings and such.

Tom

agree, love the RFP pub grub options…. Alas, No food on Spirit class pubs 

• Like 1

Just now, HelloItsMeB said:

Hi, y’all! Been awhile. Since I’ve been creeping only, I decided I should check in. Here’s a few snaps you’ve missed from my experience. #LivingLarge 😂😂

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

+1 for bed pizza 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1