TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Wow! Another from TxTeach79! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

TxTeach79 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We meet again!!!!

Y'all. I have been waiting for this one for a LONG, LONG time. It's been a tumultuous school year with lots of chaos and changes (unexpected principal retirement, etc.), I'm about as ready as I've ever been for vacay. 

Carnival Pride Dry Dock

We booked this one a long time ago. In the immediate aftermath of the pandemic I got a flurry of freebies thrown my way, and we jumped on a few - the Miracle Alaska sailing, a couple MG sailings, and this one - the crown jewel of our great cruise hunt of 2022. While @HelloItsMeB has been to Europe numerous times, most recently to do a Christmas Markets tour last year, I've only been once; with my high school economics teacher in '96 on a class trip to the UK. Needless to say, I'm stoked. 12 days will be the longest cruise I've ever taken, and I've definitely never done one in Europe. 

Carnival Pride Dry Dock

Now, that said - there's been a concern along the way. When we booked this sailing, it was the second of the Pride's Europe season. It's a one off (I'll post it shortly), so it was the only option, and we really wanted this itinerary. Well, at some point after we booked, the preceding dry dock was extended- right up to the day of our sailing. Knowing the potential pitfalls of this, I was on edge and even at one point tried to nudge B toward the 15 night Venezia inaugural TA leaving BCN the next day, but she wasn't biting. Then, for a time, the Pride disappeared from port schedule sites, and anxiety was high. John Heald chimed in with reassurances she'd be ready, but we all know how fluid things are. They still are, I guess, but we currently look all systems go and ready to sail... (knock on teakwood)....

More to come....

• Like 17

Here’s the itinerary! Three nights (the first is just catching up on sleep and fighting jet lag) in Barcelona pre, two nights in London post. And then this, the meat in the burger, the main event! 

image.thumb.jpeg.860f6cef20601ae32f064fd076c163b7.jpeg

• Like 11

Just now, CarnivalShips480 said:

Been looking forward to this for a while! Also excited to see how Pride looks post dry dock

Appreciate it!! Can't wait to see her myself! 10 nights on Miracle is my only Spirit class experience, but I really really enjoyed that! Excited to get some warm weather time on that awesome aft Serenity!

• Like 3

The kids are a special kind of wound up today.... that last day of school vibe is unmatched.... time to "teach" one more period, see the 8th graders out for good, and head to the most epic fiesta ashore... the end of year teacher happy hour!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

The kids are a special kind of wound up today.... that last day of school vibe is unmatched.... time to "teach" one more period, see the 8th graders out for good, and head to the most epic fiesta ashore... the end of year teacher happy hour!

I still have 3.5 days next week... there is no word for how tired I am today! Enjoy happy hour - you've earned it!

• Like 1

We are on this cruise with you as well as the B2B in Norway.  It will only be our second Carnival cruise but if it's as good as the first one we will be happy.  Looking forward to hearing your perspective. 

• Like 2