Can't Authorize DW on Credit Card

Tedferg

We had to change our credit card and so I logged in using the Web access and entered new details. I did not see an option to add other authorized users. I logged in as DW to add the new card for her, but it complains that the credit card number is incorrect / invalid. Re-entered data and also tried the App - same result.

I know there used to be a check box to authorize other users, but cannot find it.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We had to change our credit card and so I logged in using the Web access and entered new details. I did not see an option to add other authorized users. I logged in as DW to add the new card for her, but it complains that the credit card number is incorrect / invalid. Re-entered data and also tried the App - same result.

I know there used to be a check box to authorize other users, but cannot find it.

Try first… go to the outside App. Princess Medallion App

>Your personal information 

payment information 

Delete your CC and then reenter your CC…then…you shld see the box to check for authorized user.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try first… go to the outside App. Princess Medallion App

>Your personal information 

payment information 

Delete your CC and then reenter your CC…then…you shld see the box to check for authorized user.

OK i will try that - I did delete old card and entered new but did not see the check box, this was on Web page,

14 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK i will try that - I did delete old card and entered new but did not see the check box, this was on Web page,

It's been really tricky this year.  My situation is the same as yours.  I wasn't even able to add my credit card into my DH's app ... because it is in my name.  We simply make a visit to the front desk now to have our charges combined under my cc.  It's an extra step but without it, we've gotten two separate folios.  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's been really tricky this year.  My situation is the same as yours.  I wasn't even able to add my credit card into my DH's app ... because it is in my name.  We simply make a visit to the front desk now to have our charges combined under my cc.  It's an extra step but without it, we've gotten two separate folios.  

I will do that if necessary, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To add someone as an authorized user the card must be designated as default. Then click the edit button and the option to add authorized user should show up. I say should because the app doesn't always work properly for adding credit cards.  

The Princess app would not accept my husband's credit card, no matter how many phone calls we made to have it fixed. It always came up as invalid, even though it was the card used to pay for the cruise fare. Ultimately we had to enter my credit card, and we had it switched to his card when we got on board. 

.... then we booked another cruise and surprise, surprise, the app won't take his card again. LOL

I had the same thing happen for our Oct cruise. In my ocean ready put my cc as the default card for both of us. Updating my wife's ocean ready it asked for a cc#. I put in mine from my act and it said it was an invalid card. I just put in another cc and will straighten it out once on board. PCL truly has IT issues with the AP. Not user friendly.