Chaweng Beach - Koh Samui, Thailand

wongcruise

I was there in February for 3 weeks,  Chaweng is a busy resort, on occasions a lot of rubbish seaweed was washed ashore, what time of year will you be there? There are only certain points you can get public access to the beach. The access I am aware of is near the Sala Beach Club and Centara Reserve Hotel.  It might be worth going to a beach nearer the port, I liked Choeng Mon beach better than Chaweng, we also visited Chi beach club, the beach was also lovely, Food and drinks at the beach club were excellent but expensive for Thailand. Can’t wait to go back in 2025! 

Thank you.  We will be in Koh Samui on Nov 6.  Please provide some details about Choeng Mon Beach.  How far from the Nathon Pier?  How much by taxi? Are there taxi available for returning to the pier?

Choeng Mon Beach is 30 minutes away by taxi, there were taxis available outside Melia Hotel every time we left hotel, our experience in Samui is that taxis do not use a meter you agree a price before getting in.  I imagine when there is a cruise ship in that there will be taxis.  Have a look at You tube videos of different beaches. There is also a beach near fisherman’s village which is nearer the port. I found watching you tube videos helped me select where to stay. From Choeng Mon Melia to fisherman’s village 11-15 minute ride we were charged 400 Thai bhat. I think we could have negotiated it down slightly. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, wongcruise said:

Thank you.  We will be in Koh Samui on Nov 6.  Please provide some details about Choeng Mon Beach.  How far from the Nathon Pier?  How much by taxi? Are there taxi available for returning to the pier?

Hello - We will also be in Koh Samui on Nov. 6 (Celebrity Solstice). Have you researched any further for going to Choeng Mon Beach? Do you know if we could get a day pass to one of the resorts and use their beach, etc?

• 3 weeks later...

There are a number of beach clubs. Just Google beach clubs. Also, Lamai Beach is also close and is lovely. It is a very laid back beach with cheaper hotels. I imagine a number of these, if you bought drinks and lunch, would let you use lounges and umbrellas.

We spent a great day at Nikki Beach Club in Ko Samui.  I think day passes were around $25 USD for each and covered a drink and possibly (can’t remember) credit to food.  The spa was great and massages were reasonable and the beach is fantastic.  Took taxis each way from town.

• 1 month later...

Choeng Mon Beach is a wonderful beach which is great if you don't like Chaweng Beach which is aimed at the mass tourism, loud bar music, ladyboy show crowd.

The beach is open to all and while you can get day passes to the resorts ( of which there are few ) there are lots of places on the beach where you can either find natural shade or hire a sunbed and umbrella.

Great cheap restaurants as well.

18 hours ago, wongcruise said:

Are there any umbrella and lounge chairs for rent at Cheong Mon Beach?  How much is taxi from the pier?  I understand that it is a 30 minutes taxi ride.

Yes there are umbrellas to rent.

But we found a small bar and restaurant where they're free if you stay for the day to eat and drink.

Taxis are cheap but we had a car rental anyway so can't tell you exactly.

Just a nice quiet beach with no blaring music or party crowds.

• 5 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 2:43 AM, wongcruise said:

Has anyone been to this beach?  Which section on the beach is the best (clearest water)?  How much is a taxi ride from the Nathon Pier?  Are taxi readily available for going back to the ship?

On 5/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, JM-1972 said:

Choeng Mon Beach is 30 minutes away by taxi, there were taxis available outside Melia Hotel every time we left hotel, our experience in Samui is that taxis do not use a meter you agree a price before getting in.  I imagine when there is a cruise ship in that there will be taxis.  Have a look at You tube videos of different beaches. There is also a beach near fisherman’s village which is nearer the port. I found watching you tube videos helped me select where to stay. From Choeng Mon Melia to fisherman’s village 11-15 minute ride we were charged 400 Thai bhat. I think we could have negotiated it down slightly. 

On 8/12/2023 at 3:13 AM, sambamama said:

There are a number of beach clubs. Just Google beach clubs. Also, Lamai Beach is also close and is lovely. It is a very laid back beach with cheaper hotels. I imagine a number of these, if you bought drinks and lunch, would let you use lounges and umbrellas.

After reading one of your reviews we are rethinking our tour with Mr Sumai. Not really tour people, wife likes to shop for Grandkids and I like Thai Food and Beer.

On 9/13/2023 at 2:39 AM, Baggy178 said:

Choeng Mon Beach is a wonderful beach which is great if you don't like Chaweng Beach which is aimed at the mass tourism, loud bar music, ladyboy show crowd.

The beach is open to all and while you can get day passes to the resorts ( of which there are few ) there are lots of places on the beach where you can either find natural shade or hire a sunbed and umbrella.

Great cheap restaurants as well.

We have a day tour planned for our arrival on 10/19 on the Coral Princess. I think we'd rather take a taxi to Fishermans Village, then hit a beach for lunch and drinks on the way back to the ship. Any idea on approx taxi costs and where would you recommend we stop o way back to the ship?