Just off Freedom of Seas, short 4 day last minute trip

While I don’t plan on doing a review, I felt compelled to make a comment. We booked this cruise on Saturday which left on the following Monday. I wasn’t sure what to expect given the age of the ship. Wow, we were so surprised! The ship was so clean and in way better shape than I expected. So many options. The short 4 days was not enough time. I would book this ship again in heartbeat. This was only our second Royal cruise but we are seasoned cruisers. Not that I’m trying do do comparisons, but the royal app is probably the best of the 3 we have used. 
one other note, Coco Cay was awesome. Loved the narrow trail going back to South Beach. So many options here, you can have it busy and loud, or quiet and chill. Just an incredible set up. Hats off to Royal!

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Would love more info. Seasoned Carnival cruiser being asked to do RCL Freedom in less than a month. Difficult finding information here. Things like:

ultimate drink pkg cost?  Is it good on private island?

When can you check in? Choose arrival time? How does it work with RCL

If booking this late what are the chances a guarantee would be assigned one of the few remaining open cabins? Or will others be upgraded and guarantee given deck 2?

Thanks for any help as we need to book ASAP

10 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Would love more info. Seasoned Carnival cruiser being asked to do RCL Freedom in less than a month. Difficult finding information here. Things like:

ultimate drink pkg cost?  Is it good on private island?

When can you check in? Choose arrival time? How does it work with RCL

If booking this late what are the chances a guarantee would be assigned one of the few remaining open cabins? Or will others be upgraded and guarantee given deck 2?

Thanks for any help as we need to book ASAP

I can't answer the questions about guarantee cabins, probably only Royal or your travel agent can help you with that.  We've been on a number of Royal cruises, and I love Freedom - one of my faves.  The ultimate drink package cost is likely around $70-$80 a day, but may go on "sale" (or not).  It is good on the private island.  It is always cheaper to buy ahead of time rather than waiting until you get on board.  Arrival time is assigned when you check in, but typically isn't enforced (ie you can show up whenever).  I say typically as this is dependent largely on the port employees and I'm not sure off the top of my head where Freedom is sailing from these days.  But most everything I've read on these boards is that arrival times aren't strictly enforced out of the various Florida ports, but YMMV.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, CJinFLA00 said:

While I don’t plan on doing a review, I felt compelled to make a comment. We booked this cruise on Saturday which left on the following Monday. I wasn’t sure what to expect given the age of the ship. Wow, we were so surprised! The ship was so clean and in way better shape than I expected. So many options. The short 4 days was not enough time. I would book this ship again in heartbeat. This was only our second Royal cruise but we are seasoned cruisers. Not that I’m trying do do comparisons, but the royal app is probably the best of the 3 we have used. 
one other note, Coco Cay was awesome. Loved the narrow trail going back to South Beach. So many options here, you can have it busy and loud, or quiet and chill. Just an incredible set up. Hats off to Royal!

I have only been on 64 cruises, so not a seasoned cruiser like you. But I agree with everything you stated. I have cruised on Freedom multiple times and it is one of my favorite RCI ships. Just an FYI, the Celebrity app is very similar to the RCI app. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have only been on 64 cruises, so not a seasoned cruiser like you. But I agree with everything you stated. I have cruised on Freedom multiple times and it is one of my favorite RCI ships. Just an FYI, the Celebrity app is very similar to the RCI app. 

We sailed with our 3 sons for the first time in 2011 (waited for them to be old enough to appreciate it). Our first 2 cruises and 3 out our first 5 with them were 7 night cruises on the Freedom of the Seas out of Canaveral. The Freedom class ships were/are amazing for the cost point at that time compared to the Oasis Class ships when we resumed sailing with the kids. Also, the drive from South Carolina was so much easier than going on down to South Florida at that time. Good times. We took the whole family on the Wonder last week (our second time on her but the now 20 / 23 / and the married 26 year old and his wife for their first time on her. The boys who have been blessed to sail on other Oasis class ships 5 times still brought up our first time on the Freedom. Great memories.

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Only been on 64 cruises??? 🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, CJinFLA00 said:

We love Freedom, do her a lot.  She is going to start doing 7 nights out of FLL next year, already have her booked for a 3 night in June 2024 and a 7 night in Sept 2024.  Love everything about that ship.