Sky Princess- Iceland Missed Ports

Rick&Jeannie

On 5/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, deltaqueenie said:

IMG_5058.thumb.jpeg.c1de0f663b5ce8346c5d4a964491dbf3.jpeg

Has anyone actually received FCC in this manner? This is the letter we received. It states a Future Cruise Credit of 20% of “paid cruise fare”..

My invoice from my travel agent reads:

CRUISE FARE $1,696 (20% of this is $340) 

NCF $700 (if this is added then my FCC is $480)

GOVERNMENT TAXES $350 (if this is added then my FCC is $550)

And I’m sure Princess is not going to reimburse me for airfare ($1,800) insurance or anything else…
It is a “goodwill gesture” and while I appreciate this effort, IMO $340 is not nearly enough for what we missed. Not to mention we had 8 Sea Days (originally had only 6) on a VERY crowded ship…

As far as weather conditions..really who knows? I chose the May dates because Iceland has less rain in May..Even though we have 25 cruises with Princess, this cruise has made me rethink ANY cruise itinerary…

On 6/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, dun123das said:

We have now had the 20% FCC awarded to our October cruise on Sky Princess to the Canaries, so that reduced our outstanding balance.

If I book a Princess Cruise with a travel agent,  can I use the 20% FCC to spend on a drinks package?

1 hour ago, Glide said:

If I book a Princess Cruise with a travel agent,  can I use the 20% FCC to spend on a drinks package?

I believe that it is used as a deposit on a future cruise. OBC (On Board Credit) can be used after you board the ship for purchases.

I’m pretty sure that Future Cruise Credit must be used towards settling an outstanding balance on a booked trip rather than like OBC, on board credits, but I’m fairly new to Princess cruises so don’t take my word.

2 hours ago, dun123das said:

I’m pretty sure that Future Cruise Credit must be used towards settling an outstanding balance on a booked trip rather than like OBC, on board credits, but I’m fairly new to Princess cruises so don’t take my word.

Correct

13 hours ago, Teechur said:

While you were onboard, did you notice whether or not the laundry rooms required tokens? 

Thanks in advance!👍

Yes, they were required.  But when the token dispenser was empty, we went to guest services to buy them and they just gave us tokens for free.

• Thanks 1