Husky Puppies in the Piazza (or Pool Deck) - What time to they normally bring the huskies aboard the ship?

SonomaMist

3 minutes ago, Boozy O Croozy said:

As someone who is “owned” by a Siberian Husky, I agree with everything you’ve said.

And thanks for all the dogs you’ve helped.

So you understand the Husky personality!  So dramatic, right.  You could take ten Labrador Retriever puppies on a cruise ship and they’d lay down and sleep.  Huskies, whether purebred or mixed, are so full of energy and so hyper and so filled with drama and the experience for them would not be so wonderful.  Our Siberian, Parka, would probably just howl and try to run off the ship.  We love this breed, or non breed, so much and I’m happy for you to be a Husky’s parent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

So you understand the Husky personality!  So dramatic, right.  You could take ten Labrador Retriever puppies on a cruise ship and they’d lay down and sleep.  Huskies, whether purebred or mixed, are so full of energy and so hyper and so filled with drama and the experience for them would not be so wonderful.  Our Siberian, Parka, would probably just howl and try to run off the ship.  We love this breed, or non breed, so much and I’m happy for you to be a Husky’s parent.

He'll be 15 in October and is still a maniac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:51 PM, Expat Cruise said:

Yes, you're right, and your way you would get a better experience with the puppies, and not as cold as standing on a glazier. But Lyn wanted to have a helicopter ride to see Alaska, and want to see and stand on a glazier. So this was the better option for us. As you know, Alaska is a wonderful place, you can say many things about it. But you cannot say Alaska is cheap, so combining things makes sense. 

Very true. I am sure the helicoptor ride and landing on the glacier would be amazing! My daughter was interested in this, and I looked into it but truly it was outside of our budget.  So, our compromise was the mushers camp, which she really did enjoy. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Very true. I am sure the helicoptor ride and landing on the glacier would be amazing! My daughter was interested in this, and I looked into it but truly it was outside of our budget.  So, our compromise was the mushers camp, which she really did enjoy. 

It was the must costly tour we have ever done. I had plan to do a fixed wing airplane fly over but, they gave us a deal on this tour. It is very costly, we did not book through the cruise line, so the cost was much lower. 

• Like 1