Eurodam Alaska Sept 21-28 2024 canceled?

Haljo1935

Last month (April 2023) booked Eurodam for AK next fall Sept 21-28 2024 for our 35th anniversary using HAL PCC, even told PCC it's for anniversary and asked her to put it in the notes. Saw it in Navigator earlier this month while in AK on a cruise, but noticed since I returned that it was no longer there. It is in my upcoming bookings on HAL website so I figured it was a glitch.

Today, still not seeing it in Navigator but seeing it on the website I called HAL. Was told that cruise is canceled and they haven't removed it from my profile b/c they're waiting for me to let them know how I want to handle the deposit. Said my PCC was notified on April 20!! That was before the trip we recently took.

The only AK sailing for Eurodam Sept 2024 is the 7th-14th; shows higher price than I had on the canceled one, but my cabin is available.

So, questions are: 1) if anyone received notice of the cancelation, will you share it? 2) Since my cabin shows available for the 7-14 trip, can I get them to give it to me for what I had on the 21-28 now canceled trip?

So frustrating and yet another example of how my PCC has failed in providing service. IMHO not the way to treat any passenger and especially 4* who's trying to stay loyal. Happy Anniversary  - Ugh...

Edited by Haljo1935

It is a charter, which I posted on my 'Dry Dock Charter & Groups' thread on April 4th.

The charter group posted its information during March.

There are still sailings listed for September 7th - 14th, September 14th - 21st and September 28th - October 5th.  Sometimes it is necessary to click on the 'More Dates & Fares' link to find the additional dates.

Disappointing that they have not made contact with you yet.

I had the same lack of contact when they cancelled my cruise for winter 2024. I found out because others on the roll call were notified. I never did get the email, nor did my TA. The cruise stayed in "my bookings" for a week or two after the cruise disappeared from the website. 

I would definitely ask to have the original price honored. That was the deal offered on the cancellation notice people on my cruise received (if the deposit was rolled over to the replacement cruise). Because the cancellation was more than a month ago, they may weasel out of any deal others were offered. That's what happened to me. By the time they posted the replacement cruise, it was after the date when the redeposit would get me any consideration. 

• Like 1

This happened to us when the Eurodam went into dry dock this past winter and our Panama canal cruise was canceled.  We had a load of OBC because we had booked it on board and though we could get a new date for the same price HAL refused to move over all of the OBC.  I contacted corporate and explained that we didn't cancel the cruise they did and I wanted the same cruise  with the same OBC I had booked - it was honored but again not until I contacted corporate.  Elliot.org lists all the corporate contacts.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

This happened to us when the Eurodam went into dry dock this past winter and our Panama canal cruise was canceled.  We had a load of OBC because we had booked it on board and though we could get a new date for the same price HAL refused to move over all of the OBC.  I contacted corporate and explained that we didn't cancel the cruise they did and I wanted the same cruise  with the same OBC I had booked - it was honored but again not until I contacted corporate.  Elliot.org lists all the corporate contacts.  

Good for you! My TA tried, but her contact just kept saying no. Since the new booking had pretty good OBC, we let it go. But really, you shouldn't have to go to the top to get decent treatment when the cancellation was THEIR decision, not yours. 

I suppose charters are a sign that the cruise industry is rebounding. HAL has a history of cancelling cruises for charters, especially 7-day cruises. That's why I avoid the sevens and the 14s that are B2B sevens.

Thanks, All. Also frustrating that I was told no when I asked if they would send me a copy of the notice. Was told it was sent to my PCC and I needed to contact her.

Had we known it was canceled while onboard a couple weeks ago, we would have asked the FCC about it and rebooked that way.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

34 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thanks, All. Also frustrating that I was told no when I asked if they would send me a copy of the notice. Was told it was sent to my PCC and I needed to contact her.

Had we known it was canceled while onboard a couple weeks ago, we would have asked the FCC about it and rebooked that way.

I know they stonewall people who booked with a TA, but the PCC is a HAL employee. That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I know they stonewall people who booked with a TA, but the PCC is a HAL employee. That's ridiculous.

Agree. I've posted numerous times about my dissatisfaction w/my PCC; this just adds to the very long list. And a tad at HAL itself for not sending me the email; different story if it was booked w/TA. Grrrr...