Purchasing Wifi questions

cruiseforus

We are mostly RCCL cruises and they give us wifi for a few days so we usually don’t need a package, but this is our first Celebrity cruise in a long time so I was wondering, Is it better to buy the wifi package before boarding or is there a better deal when we get on board. Also, we are Elite so if I were to purchase it before boarding would I still get the elite discount? 

thanks

1 hour ago, cruiseforus said:

Is it better to buy the wifi package before boarding or is there a better deal when we get on board

There's no deal yet it is prorated by night so if you can go a few nights without wifi you can buy it mid sailing.  Same goes for upgrades, you could buy Basic now/pre-sail and upgrade a few nights into the sailing

1 hour ago, cruiseforus said:

Elite so if I were to purchase it before boarding would I still get the elite discount?

Yes, CC status discount even stacks with the pre-sail discount but you have to call the Capt Club customer service at 800-760-0654

5 hours ago, cruiseforus said:

We are mostly RCCL cruises and they give us wifi for a few days so we usually don’t need a package, but this is our first Celebrity cruise in a long time so I was wondering, Is it better to buy the wifi package before boarding or is there a better deal when we get on board. Also, we are Elite so if I were to purchase it before boarding would I still get the elite discount? 

thanks

Your Elite minutes will stay in a separate account. Some cruisers will wait until these minutes are depleted and then purchase a plan.  This would be pro-rated based on days left on the cruise.    Yes, the discount would be applied on ship.