Pictures of Cats and also Carnival Venezia Maiden Inaugural First Revenue Cruise

BlerkOne

59 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

I notice you’re in a cove balcony; how’s are you liking it? Do you notice any noise from the restaurants/galley upstairs?

We love cove balconies. There is no restaurant/galley or for that matter life boat above us. We have had cove balconies on every ship that has them. Yes, some might have issues but the same is true of every cabin class.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We love cove balconies. There is no restaurant/galley or for that matter life boat above us. We have had cove balconies on every ship that has them. Yes, some might have issues but the same is true of every cabin class.

May I ask your cabin number?

I just booked cabin 8484, corner aft wrap, I am wondering if the door to the stairway next to the cabin is close to the entrance door to the cabin, I think it might be a crew door, wondering about noise.  Thanks for adding in cat pics, I think I ended up booking this ship because of them.  Here are two of my sweet previous rescues, we miss them.

DSCN2649.JPG

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@BlerkOne Also interested now that you're no longer using it, lol. The coves w/nothing above are sometimes hard to identify on the deckplans. Thank you!

BlerkOne must be busy with the cats!

I just booked 2295.  Based on my research, I think that one has minimal (if any) obstruction from lifeboat overhang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 8:25 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

May I ask your cabin number?

On 6/13/2023 at 9:20 PM, Haljo1935 said:

@BlerkOne Also interested now that you're no longer using it, lol. The coves w/nothing above are sometimes hard to identify on the deckplans. Thank you!

On 6/14/2023 at 6:02 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

BlerkOne must be busy with the cats!

I just booked 2295.  Based on my research, I think that one has minimal (if any) obstruction from lifeboat overhang.

2282. and Go!

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 9:58 AM, coscab said:

I just booked cabin 8484, corner aft wrap, I am wondering if the door to the stairway next to the cabin is close to the entrance door to the cabin, I think it might be a crew door, wondering about noise.  Thanks for adding in cat pics, I think I ended up booking this ship because of them.  Here are two of my sweet previous rescues, we miss them.

DSCN2649.JPG

Love the cats.

I'd say the door is close, but I doubt there is much traffic.

IMG_1837_DxO.jpg

IMG_1838_DxO.jpg

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Those don't look like just pens - they look like also double as stylus. 

Is the pair listed on ebay or did you break them apart, 😆 🤣 

It is really just one pen, flipped over to show the other side. I saw someone at guest services using one and commented on it. They went into the office and came back with another one and gave it to me.

Someone later told me they were selling them in one of the shops, but without the writing. Not sure where it is right now, but I would never sell it on eBay.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It is really just one pen, flipped over to show the other side. I saw someone at guest services using one and commented on it. They went into the office and came back with another one and gave it to me.

Someone later told me they were selling them in one of the shops, but without the writing. Not sure where it is right now, but I would never sell it on eBay.  

Awe, that was nice of them to give it to you. It really does look like a stylus.

I got this a couple years ago on my first cruise at start up. I use it a lot - it lives in the pin loop on my tablet; the stylus is very handy for the tablet.

nowhere near as cool as yours, but makes me smile a lot.

20230712_233228.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Awe, that was nice of them to give it to you. It really does look like a stylus.

I got this a couple years ago on my first cruise at start up. I use it a lot - it lives in the pin loop on my tablet; the stylus is very handy for the tablet.

nowhere near as cool as yours, but makes me smile a lot.

20230712_233228.jpg

The top part of mine is a flashlight, but now I'll have to find it to see if it doubles as a stylus when not a pen.

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The top part of mine is a flashlight, but now I'll have to find it to see if it doubles as a stylus when not a pen.

Flashlight is very cool - the MacGyver of pens!! I have pen/stylus/flashlight envy!

On 6/1/2023 at 3:31 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I remember my mother hanging out the laundry from our fourth floor balcony in Naples, Italy when I was 9-11 years old.  She made me “go outside to play in the courtyard” while she did it, and would lower a basket on a rope so I could retrieve anything she dropped. 

Precious memory 💕