'20% service charge' per drink?

yellowhat

Hello. Just booked so I wanted to review the offerings for Classic & Premium Drink Packages.  It's been over 2 years.

Read at the bottom of PDF description in 'small print'...'20%service charge will be added'  to each drink.

mmm..is this new?  With a drink package, are you charged this 20% or does your 'tip' package cover it?

At the end of the cruise, are you settling $$ 4 pages of 'service charges'??

I searched and didn't find any clarification.  Thank you in advance. 

Fun sailing.

Anita

You only pay a service charge once.  So if you buy a drink package, the 20% service charge is added at the time of buying the package (on the value of the package).  If you pay for drinks individually without a drink package, you pay a 20% service charge on each drink.

We just cruised the Eclipse and had some people in our travel party with a drink package and I did not have one.

Edited by prmssk

19 minutes ago, yellowhat said:

Hello. Just booked so I wanted to review the offerings for Classic & Premium Drink Packages.  It's been over 2 years.

Read at the bottom of PDF description in 'small print'...'20%service charge will be added'  to each drink.

mmm..is this new?  With a drink package, are you charged this 20% or does your 'tip' package cover it?

Fun sailing.

Anita

Nothing has change , tips are add on when you buy the package , been like that since they been offering drink packages 

41 minutes ago, yellowhat said:

Fun sailing.

Anita

If by “tip “package you mean the gratuities, they do not apply to drinks. The gratuities cover housekeeping and dining staff.