Changing cruise to another cruise date/ship.

rob6465

I have a carnival cruise booked for September 2023 but because of a family situation might not be able to go. I do have a cruise booked for Feb 2024. Can i transfer amount paid to that 2024 cruise?

37 minutes ago, mz-s said:

@mz-s, I think your link is referring to cruise/port cancellations initiated by Carnival.  Here's the cancellation by customer link.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3401/related/1 

One key phrase in the Early Saver language is that the FCC must be used on a NEW booking seemingly precluding transferring it to an already existing booking. So OP, I think you'll incur a significantly smaller penalty if you move the September '23 money to a brand new cruise that's not already booked.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsglow said:

@mz-s, I think your link is referring to cruise/port cancellations initiated by Carnival.  Here's the cancellation by customer link.

One key phrase in the Early Saver language is that the FCC must be used on a NEW booking seemingly precluding transferring it to an already existing booking. So OP, I think you'll incur a significantly smaller penalty if you move the September '23 money to a brand new cruise that's not already booked.

You are correct, I copied the wrong link. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

So if i cancel sept cruise to another cruise but not one booked already then small penalty is assessed?

Read the link provided above.  It provides you all the information needed.  No one can truly answer that without knowing what type of rate you booked.  If you booked with an early saver rate, the deposit is not refundable, but you can transfer the amount paid to another cruise, less a $50 per person fee up until the final payment due date.  After that date other cancellation penalties start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

One key phrase in the Early Saver language is that the FCC must be used on a NEW booking seemingly precluding transferring it to an already existing booking.

Last year we transferred it to a cruise we already had booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Last year we transferred it to a cruise we already had booked.

Unfortunately, now that the Public Health Emergency is over, Carnival has gotten much stricter.  The flexibility we saw over the last couple of years is gone. 

My guess if OP booked a non-refundable fare, they will lose the entire deposit UNLESS booked under Early Savers, in which case penalties will apply. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Unfortunately, now that the Public Health Emergency is over, Carnival has gotten much stricter.  The flexibility we saw over the last couple of years is gone. 

My guess if OP booked a non-refundable fare, they will lose the entire deposit UNLESS booked under Early Savers, in which case penalties will apply. 

My post was simply referring to transferring it to a new booking versus one already booked as mentioned in the quote. I had already mentioned the penalty in my previous post.

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

My post was simply referring to transferring it to a new booking versus one already booked as mentioned in the quote. I had already mentioned the penalty in my previous post.

Ok.

21 hours ago, jsglow said:

So just get a FCC for a future cruise even if I don't know the new date?

6 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

So just get a FCC for a future cruise even if I don't know the new date?

Yes, and you'll have it sitting on your VIFP# and you'll have a certain amount of time to apply it towards a new booking (a year maybe? just a guess not sure of the actual amount of time) until it is forfeited. You don't have to actually sail in that amount of time, you just have to book in that amount of time.

• Like 1