Quebec City HOHO bus stops

cobeck

I am trying to plan a cruise this fall with overnight stop in this beautiful city.  I am wondering how close the nearest HOHO bus stop is to the Celebrity cruise port ?  I would also love to see a map of the bus stops throughout the city.  Google hasn’t been much help.  Thanks

We will be spending 2 nights pre cruise in QC in September.    I have had mixed results with HOHO buses in various cities, really don't like waiting only to have a completely booked bus show up and you wait some more.... Anyone with experience in QC with this and availability of buses, are they usually full?

The link above is very helpful, thanks....

I am wondering what this means, however:

Available

May 13th to October 29th

Schedule

may 13th, 2023 to june 22th, 2023

09h25, 10h10, 10h50, 11h25, 12h10, 12h50, 13h25, 14h10, 14h50, 15h25, 16h10

june 23th, 2023 to june 30th, 2023

09h25

july 1st, 2023 to october 31th, 2023

09h15

Does this mean there is only one bus running after June 22, while there are many buses running from May 13 to June 22, it is confusing.....

thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, CCJack said:

I have had mixed results with HOHO buses in various cities, really don't like waiting only to have a completely booked bus show up and you wait some more.... Anyone with experience in QC with this and availability of buses, are they usually full?

The concern expressed in understandable. Partially for that reason, when I seek to visit particular sites, invariably I avoid the tour bus and instead rely upon the local public transportation system. In the case of Québec, the public transportation system is extensive and provides good service. I might use a tour bus service when I anticipate traveling the full loop, or where the local public transportation system is not reliable. In Québec, do consider if you actually do need to travel on the tour bus, or if you will be better off using the city's transit bus service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this June 2 from the Zaandam.  We walked through the terminal and asked about a HOHO Unitours bus there; however, the woman giving directions as to where to actually board (you can buy ticket as you board) was not very clear.  We eventually went into a small boutique hotel nearby where the woman at the desk was very helpful and even booked for us and told us where to board.  Sorry but I don't recall the cost.  The pickup location was just a couple of blocks from the hotel and pier.  Unfortunately, many, many people were all trying to board AND BUY tickets at that stop, early morning, so it was a bit frustrating having to wait when we already had our tickets.  Plus, the driver was having difficulty with his machine.  Consequently, we ended up at the back on the bottom (choosing to not go up top) so could not see much out the windows without lots of craning and shifting.  That said, I loved that we were provided individually wrapped earpieces to plug in and select English and volume level.  These were terrific, syncing with the sights and just playing Muzak while at a stoplight.  My advice would be to board later in the day?  Or get to the pickup spot and be first in line?  

Our initial intention was to ride the entire circuit, then go back to get off where we wanted, but ended up getting off at the Hotel Frontenac.  (Having seen the traffic, we were afraid we would short ourselves on time to get back to ship.)  Eventually, as people got off, we were able to move up for better viewing.  

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Quebec City is one port for our pre-cruise days we found it very easy to just walk on our own with out using a HOHO.

This. You can cover most of the main parts of the old city (that you could reasonably expect to cover in a 9-5 port stop) just by walking. Even the heavy uphill stuff can be accomplished by the Funicular up to the Terrace. The Citadel maybe would be the most arduous distance wise but only to someone who has difficulty walking-- from the Chateau Frontenac it is only about a 15-20 min walk. 

Unless you want to do a really deep dive on the Plains of Abraham there really isn't a huge reason to hop on a bus. 

• Like 1