Theatre Box booking - QV

allemonde

Hello, I am booked on the QV with my mother and aunt later this year. I understand the theatre boxes can be specially booked - I can also see on the deck plans that they routinely seat 2. I was wondering if anyone had ever booked a theatre box for 3? I thought it might be a fun experience for us all one evening... 

There are most certainly boxes for 4 people. Often if you arrive very early on a non formal evening you might get one for free.

However, for something really special book one on a formal evening. Not sure what the charge is now, but champagne and chocolates used to be part of the deal. Also avoid those very close to the stage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allemonde said:

Hello, I am booked on the QV with my mother and aunt later this year. I understand the theatre boxes can be specially booked - I can also see on the deck plans that they routinely seat 2. I was wondering if anyone had ever booked a theatre box for 3? I thought it might be a fun experience for us all one evening... 

It may have changed (drinks).  But a little tip.
The boxes were attended by a drinks wait team, who were pleased for one’s regular box drinks orders. Have a discreet word, plus an appreciation, for the “reservation” of a particular box on non-Gala nights, then there should will be no need for a vary early pre-show rush and grab. Up stairway, along floor, no space, back, up, repeat.  On these evenings boxes appeared to be popular with those wishing not to follow the published dress code, entering the Theatre box unobserved via the deck 1 “rat runs”.

The stairways to the entrances of boxes, on multiple levels, are a tad steep and narrowish, so people with mobility issues should be aware.

• Like 1

Hello! 

We have just booked our first Cunard cruise on an October Queen Elizabeth sailing. We are SO excited about experiencing this beautiful ship! 

I am also interested in booking a theatre box on a formal night. Does anyone happen to know if this may be booked at some point pre-cruise on MyCunard? I'm not seeing it as an option at the moment. 

(I hope it's OK that I have piggybacked my theatre box question on this thread! 😊)

Thank you and to the OP, enjoy your cruise countdown! 🚢

27 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

It may have changed (drinks).  But a little tip.
The boxes were attended by a drinks wait team, who were pleased for one’s regular box drinks orders. Have a discreet word, plus an appreciation, for the “reservation” of a particular box on non-Gala nights, then there should will be no need for a vary early pre-show rush and grab. Up stairway, along floor, no space, back, up, repeat.  On these evenings boxes appeared to be popular with those wishing not to follow the published dress code, entering the Theatre box unobserved via the deck 1 “rat runs”.

The stairways to the entrances of boxes, on multiple levels, are a tad steep and narrowish, so people with mobility issues should be aware.

Boxes are not reserved on non Gala nights. Any kind of reserved indication on any box should be ignored. If asked to vacate, a robust reply should be given as no where, in any  of the particulars is this signified as a possibility as they are occupied on a first come first served basis.

19 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

Hello! 

We have just booked our first Cunard cruise on an October Queen Elizabeth sailing. We are SO excited about experiencing this beautiful ship! 

I am also interested in booking a theatre box on a formal night. Does anyone happen to know if this may be booked at some point pre-cruise on MyCunard? I'm not seeing it as an option at the moment. 

(I hope it's OK that I have piggybacked my theatre box question on this thread! 😊)

Thank you and to the OP, enjoy your cruise countdown! 🚢

Never seen the ability to book pre-cruise.  The easiest method, if not in Grills, is to ask one’s MD who will be happy telephone the appropriate person and book on one’s behalf.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Never seen the ability to book pre-cruise.  The easiest method, if not in Grills, is to ask one’s MD who will be happy telephone the appropriate person and book on one’s behalf.

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. 🙂

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected a type-o.

18 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Boxes are not reserved on non Gala nights. Any kind of reserved indication on any box should be ignored. If asked to vacate, a robust reply should be given as no where, in any  of the particulars is this signified as a possibility as they are occupied on a first come first served basis.

First come could leave Ice Bucket, fizz, glasses, possibly nibbles, chairs parked and entrance shut.  

54 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

First come could leave Ice Bucket, fizz, glasses, possibly nibbles, chairs parked and entrance shut.  

I would treat that the same as the sun bed towels a d ask for them to be removed.

35 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Even though many other boxes were available?  One’s mindset is understood.

I’m not that petty! I’m talking no boxes left and one so called 'reserved' left, the same as a sun bed sporting towels with no more beds left, scenario.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

I’m not that petty! I’m talking no boxes left and one so called 'reserved' left, the same as a sun bed sporting towels with no more beds left, scenario.

So one checks, up/down, both sides, opening all the privacy closures, looking for a unoccupied box, finding one complete with drinks, believing it’s reserved, demanding all table items removed, when the guests are possibly visiting friends in an adjacent box, or taking a comfort break.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

So one checks, up/down, both sides, opening all the privacy closures, looking for a unoccupied box, finding one complete with drinks, believing it’s reserved, demanding all table items removed, when the guests are possibly visiting friends in an adjacent box, or taking a comfort break.

I think one is straying from one’s original comment which  was advice to give a sort of backhander in order to 'beat the system' and reserve something which isn’t reservable. To order drinks and stay with the order, is in order. To order and then not be present for that order, isn’t. One has given advice which suggests a bribe. Not very Cunard in my opinion.

• Like 1