Canadian Medical Insurance coverage for a world cruise

My husband and I are booked on a world cruise and are now investigating Canadian Medical Travel Insurance.  We have cancellation insurance but are looking for travel medical for around 96 days.  Most insurance companies do not insure for that many days.  What company have you used for a long cruise and are happy with them?  

I see it's been a while since you posted the question and received 0 replys.

I asked ChatGPT the question and here is the response. I'll leave it up to you to verify the accuracy.

When it comes to travel insurance for Canadians traveling internationally for an extended period, there are several reputable options available. Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1. World Nomads: World Nomads is a popular choice for Canadian travelers. They offer comprehensive coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage loss, and emergency evacuation. Their policies are designed for long-term travel, including coverage for up to 365 days.

2. Allianz Global Assistance: Allianz is a well-known insurance provider that offers various travel insurance plans for Canadians. They have options specifically designed for extended trips, covering medical emergencies, trip cancellation, baggage loss, and more.

3. Manulife: Manulife is a trusted insurance company in Canada, offering comprehensive travel insurance for Canadians traveling internationally. They provide coverage for medical expenses, trip interruption/cancellation, baggage loss, and other travel-related emergencies.

4. Travel Guard by AIG: AIG's Travel Guard is another reputable insurance provider with options suitable for Canadians traveling internationally. They offer coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage loss, and 24/7 travel assistance.

Before making a decision, it's crucial to carefully review the coverage limits, exclusions, deductibles, and policy terms of each provider. Consider your specific needs, such as the level of medical coverage required and any adventurous activities you may be undertaking during your trip. Additionally, comparing quotes from multiple providers can help you find the best value for your money.

We are Canadian and have booked through Tour Med and Medi Pac (endorsed by Canadian Snow Bird Association).  We processed a small claim through TourMed with no problem.  We paid and were reimbursed with a few weeks.  We have purchased up to 75 days for winter trips but we are just looking at our first cruise.  We purchased the TourMed package back in January (medical only/not cancellation etc) for the entire year.  My husband does have preexisting conditions and is on a lot of meds so its something thats very important to us.