Change in Itinerary for Dawn

toescat

Wierd happings out at sea. I just got on the Web Cam and saw the Dawn in Cabo San Lucas and should be at sea on its way to Puerto Vallarta. I call Princess and was told that it was in fact on its way to Puerto Vallarta. I told the representive that she should look at the web cam tell me if I am crazy or not. Her response was "Oh my it is in Cabo and are you on the ship right now" What a nut. I told her that I would be traveling on the Dawn April 9th and was inquiring about the change in itinerary as I wanted to be in Cabo all day and not for a short time in the evening. So any of you on the Dawn right now could you answer my question.

Hi Mary, Actually, the web cam has listed the Dawn in route to Cabo since it immediately left Catalina so I would assume a medical emergency would cause the ship to turn around as it was still very near Los Angelos. For the past few days I just thought it was a typo and then BAM its in Cabo. Where do you think it will be tomorrow. There are a few Dawnsters on board posting so hopfully they will give us some insite as to the change.

Last year when we were on the Carnival Spirit, we had 2 of our ports switched around. It was a 8 day cruise so of course the ship does not arrive at each port on the same day each week. The 7 day cruises do so they have priority for docking on their given day. Since there were going to be too many ships in Acapulco, our captain decided to go to Ixtapa first and then Acapulco the next day. We lost time in Acapulco as a result. Since the Dawn is a 10 day cruise and would arrive at a port on a different day each cruise, maybe this is what has happened on this cruise. I have heard that if too many ships are in Puerto Vallarta, some ships have to tender as there is not enough docking space.

According to the brochure, the March 10 Dawn Mexican Riviera cruise has a * and states that the port order and times may vary. This is listed for the May 9 cruise also.

When I checked the bridge cam today, my first thought was that it was a madical emergency, then I checked my brochure. We'll be on the April 19 sailing. Can't wait.

Archived