Waitlist cruise pricing?

LB_NJ

I am not sure if I understand your question.  As far as I know once a categorie sells out it is listed as waitlisted.  But of course people do cancel and some cabins open up.  This is especially true right before final payment is due.

My understanding is you can ask you TA or Oceania to put you on the list or you can be put on the list and pay the deposit.  I understand the latter will make it more likely to get a cabin.

As to pricing, O has some complex pricing for some but it is the same whether you get a cabin available or waitlist.  Always comparing cruise only fare is a good way to get a quick number.

Perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, oskidunker said:

You will pay the price listed at the time you clear the wait list

So you don’t know what the price is when you go on the waitlist.  It could be several times the price listed on the website?

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

So you don’t know what the price is when you go on the waitlist.  It could be several times the price listed on the website?

Theoretically, yes. However, I have not noticed giant increases compared to the initially offered (launch) fares...More like a $100 increase on a $2000 fare with maybe a few $100 increases if the sales are hot, but I usually only look at the <20 day cruises in non-suites. That said, I am more likely to book a cruise a few months out than at launch...still getting used to planning more than 3 months ahead vacations since I just don't know what I want to do that far in advance.

• Like 1