Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

And then I found a bone. I continued carefully. Then I bit into that smaller chunk of bone on the left. I’m not interested in breaking any teeth out here so I’m done.

IMG_5532.thumb.jpeg.04064faa6bf41409cca0f3e21b66eb2a.jpeg

Ughhhh I hate that. I'm always careful with chicken dishes but had it happen recently with a carnitas burrito, three bones! 

• Like 2

Or maybe not. I was just at a bar and said "Mas divertido ship, Jose." Jose says "same?" I'm not sure if that was confirmation of.....he understood my spanglish....or he didn't understand a damn thing but knows he made me a funship last time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is my first TA. I am definitely ready for a sea day now. I haven’t really posting detailed pictures …a tour of the ship yet because that’s going to be one of the things I save for those five sea days…or is it six? I don’t know. But then also i have the balcony that I don’t usually have.

I hope there’s enough to keep me busy.

Our first TA, well our only one so far, was Barcelona to NYC, east to west is definitely the way to go, gaining an hour of sleep a night for several nights in a row is surely better than losing an hour a night for several nights, enjoy. I too was concerned about the days at sea but then all of a sudden it was over. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Our first TA, well our only one so far, was Barcelona to NYC, east to west is definitely the way to go, gaining an hour of sleep a night for several nights in a row is surely better than losing an hour a night for several nights, enjoy. I too was concerned about the days at sea but then all of a sudden it was over. 

I agree- I will be going on my 3rd soon. I have always sailed Europe to US. 25 hours a day instead of 23, yes please lol! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Yes definitely. I haven't mentinoed it yet but I've definitely thought about how nice it is having these extra hour of sleep nights and how much it would stink going the other way and losing an hour each night. I would have to say every night I get texts from back home at 1, 2, 3am. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

oh my gosh what a pain in the rear it is to do 14 days. But we got er.

It takes me about a month to post a 14 day review. Going to have my work cut out for me when we do 21 days on the Venezia. Saving grace is since we're sailing from NYC, there won't be any pre or post cruise sections. 😎

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

It takes me about a month to post a 14 day review. Going to have my work cut out for me when we do 21 days on the Venezia. Saving grace is since we're sailing from NYC, there won't be any pre or post cruise sections. 😎

Oh yeah I feel your pain. I redo all of this when I get home that will take me...forever. Forever. It really helps having the live account of it here. If not for this I would basically have to do all of this on my computer anyway. That's why I do it. Plus I get the benefit of great interaction from people. Alot of times it helps me or maybe helps others. But like I have some very serious readers from New York and when I was posting all of that new york content from last year which took months they were like WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END SO WE CAN GET TO THE CRUISE ALREADY! I loved it. They didn't.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 15
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh yeah I feel your pain. I redo all of this when I get home that will take me...forever. Forever. It really helps having the live account of it here. If not for this I would basically have to do all of this on my computer anyway. That's why I do it. Plus I get the benefit of great interaction from people. Alot of times it helps me or maybe helps others. But like I have some very serious readers from New York and when I was posting all of that new york content from last year which took months they were like WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END SO WE CAN GET TO THE CRUISE ALREADY! I loved it. They didn't.

Since we don't do the live reviews I keep a daily journal of the highlights of the day, which I then match up with Patti's pictures. Like you, we like to document our entire vacation,  not just the cruise. Most people understand that. 😀

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I forgot the SPF and got too much sun the past two days but I've gotta say....It's looking pretty good right now. If we were in mexico tomorrow, i could whip out my spanish and blend.

How Tan Is Too Tan? | GQ

• Haha 18

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's a picture of it. Is this a deal where you arrive at 8pm and everything is closed? Or is it better than that?

Calls to Prince Rupert are full daytime calls.  It looks like usually 9am-5pm.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Nope. I've got a nice light brown going on here.

Quien es mas Macho?

1. Fernando Llamas

2. Ricardo Maltalban

3. Santo Greg

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 2