Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

Zora is the best! I’ve been getting most of my drinks here, but then again its just steps from my Terrazza room.

As far as the Karaoke—TERRIBLE place to put it. DH and I like to relax at the bar or right outside in the late afternoon with a drink and BAM, the karaoke drives us away.  Plus being a Terrazza guest, it kind of makes the back “exclusive” area non-inviting—sigh. 

Can't tell for sure from the pictures, but I wonder if that's my Zora from our Freedom cruise in January. Also sailed with her on the Miracle from Long Beach. If it is I'm sure she'll remember Jeffrey! 😄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

As far as the Karaoke—TERRIBLE place to put it. DH and I like to relax at the bar or right outside in the late afternoon with a drink and BAM, the karaoke drives us away.  Plus being a Terrazza guest, it kind of makes the back “exclusive” area non-inviting—sigh. 

On the Vista Class ships, Karaoke is also held at the Havana Bar. Very annoying! 😒

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

On the Vista Class ships, Karaoke is also held at the Havana Bar. Very annoying! 😒

They should schedule it once a day at 2:30pm-4:30pm in the lido restaurant. The place is dead then and it might even liven up the joint at those hours 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

They should schedule it once a day at 2:30pm-4:30pm in the lido restaurant. The place is dead then and it might even liven up the joint at those hours 😉 

Forgot again. I was getting a laundry bag ready at 3 to make it to 3:30 comedy.

• Haha 1

It’s beyond ridiculous that they don’t have this in the theater if it’s this popular.  They don’t have anything going on in the theater until deal or no deal (tonight’s entertainment) at 7pm. 

To add onto that they’re having a magic show in the limelight 30 mins after the comedy show. The line goes from the comedy club to the atrium. 

• Like 9

I had gotten that bag of laundry ready before I went to the two shows. Come back Stewart ain’t done spit. All day he camps outside my room waiting for me to take my dnd sign off and when I finally do, he’s nowhere to be found for hours. 

IMG_7278.thumb.jpeg.3566742316e913e2c22c55bcf8c7e2f5.jpeg

it works out because I found another shirt that needed to be washed and I was like…I wonder if I can squeeze that shirt into that bag. Sure can. I just needed another piece of duck tape.

IMG_7280.thumb.jpeg.49843c4c77cc87f892d9df458904c38e.jpeg

• Haha 23

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I had gotten that bag of laundry ready before I went to the two shows.

I don't wait for my steward, unless I see him in the hall.  Did he leave you his card?  Just call that extension and someone will come pick it up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

I don't wait for my steward, unless I see him in the hall.  Did he leave you his card?  Just call that extension and someone will come pick it up.

That’s what keeps the lights on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Enjoying your review very much. We will be on Venezia in October. If you noticed, can you tell me if staff allows those with mobility scooters to drive to table in MDR. If yes, does waitstaff take scooter away or is that left to family member to move it to someplace out of the way? On a previous cruise, post Covid, understandably, waitstaff did not move scooter, but allowed another family member to move it. Thanks, enjoy the remainder of your journey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

Enjoying your review very much. We will be on Venezia in October. If you noticed, can you tell me if staff allows those with mobility scooters to drive to table in MDR. If yes, does waitstaff take scooter away or is that left to family member to move it to someplace out of the way? On a previous cruise, post Covid, understandably, waitstaff did not move scooter, but allowed another family member to move it. Thanks, enjoy the remainder of your journey.

I don’t feel like I’ve seen many scooters on this cruise. I’ll keep an eye out in the dining room and let you know. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

it works out because I found another shirt that needed to be washed and I was like…I wonder if I can squeeze that shirt into that bag. Sure can. I just needed another piece of duck tape.

IMG_7280.thumb.jpeg.49843c4c77cc87f892d9df458904c38e.jpeg

Isn't it amazing what you can stuff into the bag- I always laugh when I send 1 bag out and get 3 back. If they thought that by switching to paper would stop me from stuffing it, they thought wrong! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Are you sure that was fog and not smoke from the fires from Canada?  I heard they were cancelling flights at La Guardia because the smoke was so thick.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was fog.

• Like 4

Just now, emm126 said:

Isn't it amazing what you can stuff into the bag- I always laugh when I send 1 bag out and get 3 back. If they thought that by switching to paper would stop me from stuffing it, they thought wrong! 

It’s been paper as long as I’ve been platinum. But it used to

be the white paper bag which I think was bigger.  I’ve never been able to get three bags back but I get two every time.

• Like 3