Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

I really need to remember to bring headphones to the MDR. When they sit me next to people I really have no option but to listen to whatever it is they have to say. I tried not to. It’s really hard.

They sat me next to a man and woman. Clearly they just met. The woman is that crazy astrology speaker. And the guy is trying to impress her with what a big shot he is. Lawyer, caterer..he has three nice houses and movie producers as friends. 

They were clearly annoyed that my order was taken before theirs even though theirs was right after mine. Then they were annoyed that the food took so long. It really wasn’t that long. I was in and out in 45 minutes and he left before me. She left before both of us. 

He told the waiter she was in a hurry and they needed to make her food quick. Twice she tried to leave and he kept her there by calling the waiter over and asking to check on the order because the lady was in a hurry. 

He said she ordered tea 30 mins ago. A total lie unless they were seated 20 mins before me. Then three minutes later he told the waiter she ordered it 45 minutes ago. 

I was just hoping my food came out before theirs..it did.  But not by much.

He told her he was removing all gratuities because the lunch service was so slow. I wanted to say something but I held back.

She ended up staying to eat but left before dessert. After she left he grabbed something off of her plate ate it and said “awful.”

When the waiter came over to ask about the her dessert he told him she had to leave. “We told you she had to leave.” 

The waiter explained the issue with the orders being backed up. The guy says “well what you need to do is tell them you need this one order quick.”

Just ticks me off that this guy thinks his order is more important than everyone else. I so wanted to tell him that fast Asian food was available on lido deck.

But I held back again. And when he walked out and I saw his S&S card fall out of his pocket, I said nothing.

IMG_7702.thumb.jpeg.be9ea5bd2ff6e9170b1ff1801590d0c1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 31

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

They have done the same with us the last 5 cruises, never before…at least that I can remember.  I have been approached by Maitre’d’s though

The chef came by our table the last night I believe to see if we were happy with the food specifically.  We hadn't complained about anything prior so it was nice that they cared.  We were on Sunshine May 8-13, 2023.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The woman is that crazy astrology speaker. 

Obviously she's an Aries:

Aries is a fire sign, and they tend to have a short fuse. They are impulsive and easily irritated by things that don't go their way.  🙂 

• Haha 6

I stuck around for 20 mins and left. It’s the history of photography. It’s not anything that’s going to help you take better pictures like the thing says. These are all just a misleading pile of baloney sandwiches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I stuck around for 20 mins and left. It’s the history of photography. It’s not anything that’s going to help you take better pictures like the thing says. These are all just a misleading pile of baloney sandwiches 

After your depressing experience at lunch with her the irony isn't lost on me that she's showing a photo taken during the dustbowl days of the Great Depression.

The picture is best known as "Migrant Mother," a black-and-white photo taken in February or March 1936 by Dorothea Lange of Florence Owens Thompson, then 32, and her children. Lange was traveling through Nipomo, California, taking photographs of migrant farm workers for the Resettlement Administration. The picture in question is a portrait of Florence Owens Thompson with three kids taken in March of 1936 by Dorothea Lange with her 4×5 Graflex camera. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jayjay10704 said:

I was on Triumph in 2001 & it was the most boring trip ever. I haven't been on Carnival since. Been on many NCL ships & love them (especially Encore), but I got a really good deal for Venezia next April so I'm trying CCL again. I hope it's better than it was 22 years ago.

If you like the NCL Encore, you would enjoy the Excel Class ships of Carnival.  Did the Horizon twice in the Havana area and enjoyed it, but the corresponding area on the Venezia is different.

The newer class ships on every line is an upgrade versus older ships so you really need to compare an apple to an apple whenever you can.  The Prima Class of NCL is great just like the Edge Class of Celebrity.

If you are looking for a real nice future cruise, the Sphere Class of Princess (Sun & Star) will be only 5 K tons smaller than the Excel Class of Carnival, yet hold 2000 less passengers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Back then they gave drunken people guns to shoot skeet, had pillow fights on a slippery round pole with paper thin mats on the deck, hit golf balls off the fantail, but watch out for that slice or ricochet off the railings. Beer drinking contests. Male nightgown contests that would make quest look like PG. Good, clean,  wholesome,  fun!!!  😁

And of course the bikini clad girls stuffing ping pong balls into their attire and of course those that chose to go to the upper funnel deck to "check out Cuba", in hopes of seeing one of the European cruisers or spa employees on break "sunning the girls".

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Go to the steward and say who is your supervisor I want to speak to him? I’m not going to do that ever

I've asked to speak to a manager just for the opposite - that someone was really awesome.  Freaks them for a second until I say its a good thing. 😁  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

And of course the bikini clad girls stuffing ping pong balls into their attire and of course those that chose to go to the upper funnel deck to "check out Cuba", in hopes of seeing one of the European cruisers or spa employees on break "sunning the girls".

Yep, that too. 😁

• Haha 2