Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

This is when I ran into the bar situation. I was finally going to get a spot at amari but it was closed. Frizzante was mostly full but the people all went down to Carnivale to get drinks then carried them to frizzante.

IMG_8510.thumb.jpeg.a48315fbcadd5a2f0488bfc70b262383.jpeg

Tennis

IMG_8511.thumb.jpeg.bd496ce4608bf85e4a369f3003db20ce.jpeg

• Like 6

Tonight’s entertainment is Michael Kent. He’s doing two shows. No comedy tonight. He started off the show putting a bunch of colored life preservers on the screen. He gets everyone to end up on the same life preserver. I went back to the later show and figured out how he did it.

IMG_8529.thumb.jpeg.a6544954ee83a811142d3297e4053aec.jpeg

IMG_8531.thumb.jpeg.cf85eb269b2376f8f57ee625aa369c96.jpegIMG_8532.thumb.jpeg.5a4d25913d16d9bf77f052dea25d0285.jpeg

The best one is this one he did on the penn & teller “fool us” show. He starts out with two tubes, a bottle, and a cup, and he ends up with 10 bottles. 

IMG_8536.thumb.jpeg.b1d34cf4875d523ca9a0b52e5785cb7b.jpeg

IMG_8537.thumb.jpeg.2bfba238be0778e4bdc7cd560e908014.jpeg

IMG_8530.jpeg

• Like 13

I took a balcony spot for the second magic show. Here’s how he gets everyone on the same life preserver. You pick one. Then he says move to the nearest black one. There are only two black life preservers and they’re both in the same area. So then when he has you move to the nearest red and then yellow, everyone ends up on the same yellow.

IMG_8577.thumb.jpeg.c4e62e76aa9d5663f28b43f66da55c37.jpeg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, blarko said:

What’s the answer to this? It’s making my brain crazy 😜 

image.jpeg

I think it’s one. But the usage of “owns” twice in the first sentence is making my brain go into a loop like when two mirrors face each other and you just see yourself infinite times. How does she own half of what she owns—plus more? I’ll just stick with one. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

I think it’s one. But the usage of “owns” twice in the first sentence is making my brain go into a loop like when two mirrors face each other and you just see yourself infinite times. How does she own half of what she owns—plus more? I’ll just stick with one. 🤷‍♀️

Ran this through AI.  Answer is 1.  You're correct sir.

Mary owns 1/2x +1/2 =x  Solve for x.  Subtract 1/2x from both sides = 1/2=1/2x.  Multiply both sides by 2 = 1.🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Ran this through AI.  Answer is 1.  You're correct sir.

Mary owns 1/2x +1/2 =x  Solve for x.  Subtract 1/2x from both sides = 1/2=1/2x.  Multiply both sides by 2 = 1.🙃

Thanks! I was starting to think the “owns” business was going to be some social commentary that women couldn’t own anything at the time so it was really her father’s cat until the time of Mary’s marriage wherein it would become her husband’s cat! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Good morning! Today is the last day of the cruise.

Like I was saying on the first day I was born in Italy. In the military there was a small chance I could get a temporary duty assignment to my birthplace. They only came up about once every four years. I did everything I could to put myself in position for it. I volunteered for the bad places people didn’t want to go, etc.

Then one day a few years later it came up. And they gave it to me. I had the orders. I had the plane ticket. Two weeks before I was supposed to leave I sent an email to my sponsor who I hadn’t heard from in awhile. He replied and said “don’t come. Your position has been canceled.”

Some of the not so good people used it as an opportunity to help themselves. Another one of those bad jobs came down and this time for thanksgiving, Christmas, new years. They didn’t want to get stuck going. 

They knew I was counting on the Italy money to pay my truck off. This wouldn’t be nearly as much but it would get me closer. I ended up going and I paid my truck off. While I was over there I got to meet a former president with whom I share a birthday. That’s petty cool.

But I’ll always wonder what would’ve happened had i not sent that email and I just showed up in Italy.

• Like 20