Bora Bora Celebration Festival

fedexretiree

We will be on the Wind Spirit on July 10,2023.  The ship will be in Bora Bora for 2 nights there is a  Celebration Festival on the Motu.  You will spend the evening on a secluded motu accompanied only by other Windstar guests.  Is that held on the 1st or 2nd night of the cruise?

• Like 1

Just now, Strenz said:

The motu party is fabulous. We did this trip in 2014 do not remember the night. Call WS

Great memories. 

Thanks...we are very excited to see this.

I called them and they didn't know what night it was.   I'm trying to plan excursions around it so I don't miss it.  

On 5/31/2023 at 1:18 PM, fravenstore said:

Just got back from this cruise.  For us it was day 2 in Bora Bora.  We had a great time.

Our last cruise was on PG.  When we were docked in Bora Bora there was a tender that took you to a private island for a beach day..Does Windstar do that as well?

On 5/31/2023 at 2:18 PM, fravenstore said:

Just got back from this cruise.  For us it was day 2 in Bora Bora.  We had a great time.

Thank you - can you explain what this is please ... is it all day and night with tenders running back and forth to the ship if you don't want to stay?  

I have morning excursions planned for both mornings we are in Bora Bora and looking at renting a self drive boat for one afternoon but this sounds like a fun "not to be missed" activity through Windstar (I assume it is not an excursion that you have to pay for or sign up for?)  

Sorry for the questions but this is our first Windstar and first time to FP - so excited 

This event is included in the cost. It is an evening event on a private island.  You get fed and then watch a Polynesian show.

For my cruise, they ran exactly three pontoon style boats (much more seating than the tenders) to take people to the event. Then they run three back after the event.  There's no coming and going for this one.  People could stay on board the ship and order room service for dinner if they wished to skip.  As far as I recall, they stopped tender service at about 14:30 the day of the event, so whatever you have planned that day on shore, you'll need to get back for the last tender.  I hope I remember that all accurately. 

To confuse you more, there's another day with lunch on a private island, with swimming and water sports brought to shore.  That one has tenders running during the event so you can come and go to the ship as you wish. That's before you get to Bora Bora.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fravenstore said:

This event is included in the cost. It is an evening event on a private island.  You get fed and then watch a Polynesian show.

For my cruise, they ran exactly three pontoon style boats (much more seating than the tenders) to take people to the event. Then they run three back after the event.  There's no coming and going for this one.  People could stay on board the ship and order room service for dinner if they wished to skip.  As far as I recall, they stopped tender service at about 14:30 the day of the event, so whatever you have planned that day on shore, you'll need to get back for the last tender.  I hope I remember that all accurately. 

To confuse you more, there's another day with lunch on a private island, with swimming and water sports brought to shore.  That one has tenders running during the event so you can come and go to the ship as you wish. That's before you get to Bora Bora.

Thank you so much for this - helps with planning 🙂

1 hour ago, fravenstore said:

What was the dress code for that evening?  We have a snorkel planned for the morning and will be rushing  back for this.