Eclipse Thanksgiving Premium Package question

MattnTricia

I have been scouring the forums and am struggling to see if we should upgrade from classic package to Premium

Our big decision maker will be the wine available to premium, Availability of things like sugar free red bull, premium waters(for the wife) and bottled teas for me. 

Can anyone help me with bar menus for the eclipse.  as I am trying to figure out if we should just bring on a few bottles of wine for dinners or upgrade to the premium from classic.  My wife doesn't drink much so wine will probably be the determining factor. 

Thanks in advance. 

Sugar Free Vitamin water is available, not sure about Red Bull or Teas. Premium gets you glass bottles of water vs tin cans. Wines selections are hit or miss depending on where you dine, what is on the list may not actually be available . As far as wines at bars, Cellar Masters has the largest variety of wines by the glass but they don't open until after 4pm.

Bring the 4 bottles of wine and decide onboard if you want to upgrade.

If you upgrade to the premium pkg there is no corkage fee, if you don't, just take a glass of wine to dinner.

Exactly what we are thinking. Also considering if Decoy CAB  readily available for a $2-3 upgrade per glass may not need it anyway. 

The cost to do the upgrade is  about $350 total for us which is not terrible since we got a bargain on the cruise.  It just bothers me that the things I would want based on the Premium upgrade although listed are not a guarantee to be there or readilly available. 

For instance I have read Gold Peak teas were available on one thread.  This is perfect as they are calorie free bottled teas which we drink at home. Another thread it is Arizona teas and most of these are flavored teas with sugar which we don't drink. 

13 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

Bring the 4 bottles of wine and decide onboard if you want to upgrade.

If you upgrade to the premium pkg there is no corkage fee, if you don't, just take a glass of wine to dinner.

My understanding is that corkage fees are waved for both classic and premium packages.  No?

7 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

My understanding is that corkage fees are waved for both classic and premium packages.  No?

That is correct, you do not need the Premium package, the Classic package also includes a waiver for corkage.

It is the Zero Proof package that does not include the waiver...