FP required today???

HappyInVan

I'm trying to book a Pacific coastal cruise in May 2024; a full year away. They are asking for full payment today??? Your thoughts, please?

One observation. The cheapest OT1 suites are oddly in the middle of the ship. Isn't it usual for the smallest suites to be located in the bow?

Is Explorer offering some kind of insurance/cancellation plan? Has anyone done status matching? I'm Diamond with MSC.

There are two options for payment, standard booking is 25% deposit with the balance three months out from sailing or payment in full at time of booking which attracts a 5% discount. 

As far as location goes I would avoid deck 6 as the restaurants are below the suites, the cheapest are mid ship as the don't have the extended balcony that the forward and aft suites have on this level.

There was an earlier cross promotion for MSC diamond loyalty customers, you may want to look at the previous thread in relation to this.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

I'm trying to book a Pacific coastal cruise in May 2024; a full year away. They are asking for full payment today??? Your thoughts, please?

One observation. The cheapest OT1 suites are oddly in the middle of the ship. Isn't it usual for the smallest suites to be located in the bow?

Is Explorer offering some kind of insurance/cancellation plan? Has anyone done status matching? I'm Diamond with MSC.

Last I heard - there was not to be any status match with MSC - or other lines. We too are Diamond with MSC. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:11 PM, happy cruzin said:

Last I heard - there was not to be any status match with MSC - or other lines. We too are Diamond with MSC. 

Not disagreeing at all, but what would be the purpose of a loyalty program status match. On Explora Journeys I would not expect that there would be any ‘perks’ that would be offered based on loyalty status. It’s an all inclusive cruise, with complete service for every guest. Yes, I appreciate that the residence and owners suites will get more, but that is based on purchase not status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Not disagreeing at all, but what would be the purpose of a loyalty program status match. On Explora Journeys I would not expect that there would be any ‘perks’ that would be offered based on loyalty status. It’s an all inclusive cruise, with complete service for every guest. Yes, I appreciate that the residence and owners suites will get more, but that is based on purchase not status.

Actually, all of the luxury cruise lines have loyalty programs with perqs such as obc, discounts on shore excursions, free phone time and such.

I've attached Regent's as an example.

https://www.rssc.com/seven-seas-society

Having said that, Explora (for the time being anyway) wants to keep MSC at "arms length".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In late January through February, EJ was offering a 2 Category upgrade (not including residences) plus 500 OBC to MSC Diamonds. This was at the same time MSC was offering a Diamond status match with other elite status loyalty programs (and not just cruise programs). 

1 hour ago, frankhi said:

In late January through February, EJ was offering a 2 Category upgrade (not including residences) plus 500 OBC to MSC Diamonds. This was at the same time MSC was offering a Diamond status match with other elite status loyalty programs (and not just cruise programs). 

Which is frustrating since we booked our Explora cruise in November 2021, when bookings first opened - with nothing offered to MSC Diamond members!  🥺

54 minutes ago, frankhi said:

I had mine booked and before too, but EJ agent applied later. I think you had to have an existing reservation in order to apply the promotion.

I asked and the request was refused saying it was for new bookings only