Celebrity Beyond Dining Packages

If I buy a 4 night  Special Dining Package, is Dinner on the Edge a restaurant I can choose from?  I ask this because the per person charge if $118.99

and the complete package for 4 nights is $137.99. I wonder if they exclude the more expensive restaurants from the package? Also, how difficult is it

to reserve the four nights as soon as I get on the ship?  Do I go to each separate restaurant to secure a reservation? If  not, what time does

the maitre d ' show up and where to make the reservations? Thank you.

21 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Dinner on the Edge is not included in the package

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think Dinner on the Edge is treated like the Chef’s Table and is not included in the dining packages.

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think Dinner on the Edge is treated like the Chef’s Table and is not included in the dining packages.

Thank you.

I am a rookie to cruise ships but the Celebrity edge was my first cruise and we never had any issue getting into any of the regular restaurants, You do not need to make reservations. We did not have to pay extra for the regular restaurants. 

However you do need to make reservations at the specialty restaurants, We got lucky one night and walked into the sushi restaurant (which was reallt good) this was an extra charge .

We were able to get a table at Blu for 6 the night before we wanted, Because our friends were staying in aqua class .

I have heard to make reservations at these specialty restaurants asap( from people that cruise often) .

If you want a specific day and time .

I hope this helps 

On 5/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, mickeysgal said:

Great question. I’ve always been hesitant to buy a package- I want to get the restaurants on the days and times I want them. Curious to see the responses on this. 

I always book a dining package pre cruise and although you cannot book your dining days and times before boarding just make it a point to go Directly to the main dining room maitre de and schedule your days/times there  as they have access to all dining venues on their computer.

That has always worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, D. B. said:

I always book a dining package pre cruise and although you cannot book your dining days and times before boarding just make it a point to go Directly to the main dining room maitre de and schedule your days/times there  as they have access to all dining venues on their computer.

That has always worked for me.

Thank you for the tips.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, Bugsy1966 said:

It was as of February and nothing I've read/heard suggests that has changed.

We asked while on board in October and the answer was No.  Not sure which is correct.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

We asked while on board in October and the answer was No.  Not sure which is correct.

That's strange. I don't know if you were misinformed, they have since changed the policy or we just got lucky. We had a 4 night package in February and 2 of those nights were in Le Voyage.

• Like 1