Cruise Certificate in Euro...not allowed on a US$ booking

I have a cruise certificate (received on previous European cruise due to an inconvenience on board)  worth €205. I recently booked a US cruise through a US travel agent. The agent rang RCI and are refusing to honour the certificate as it is in euro and the cruise is booked in US$.

Is this usual or am I missing something here?

59 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

I have a cruise certificate (received on previous European cruise due to an inconvenience on board)  worth €205. I recently booked a US cruise through a US travel agent. The agent rang RCI and are refusing to honour the certificate as it is in euro and the cruise is booked in US$.

Never had this experience, but I wouldn’t imagine they would accept cruise credit  currency that is different than the currency of the booking. Makes sense to me that using it would be good only for cruises booked using that currency.  However, I’m curious to see what others say in case I have such a scenario in the future.  

5 hours ago, Monk86 said:

This is normal.  FCC's must be redeemed on cruises in the same currency that they were issued. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is normal.  FCC's must be redeemed on cruises in the same currency that they were issued. 

I have redeemed FCCs in £ on $ bookings in the past. Before Covid. I used to get very favourable exchange rates too! 

It doesnt make any sense that you cant use different XE rates! I'm going to contact them myself.

Anyone have a useful email address I can try to contact them?

Edited by Monk86