Oceania Vista ship forward suites

taloolabelle

We are considering Vista for next year but I am concerned about the Vista Suite on 12th. They both do not look like they have the wrap around balconies of the other Vista suites.

The other floors all have the decking drawn in as on other ships. This floor...looks like very small balcony for very large suite.

Anyone know for sure??

Taloolabelle

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 8.36.03 PM.png

Depending on what time of year you will be cruising, you may not be using the balcony often if at all.

It is extremely windy even on the nicest of days!

Remember also at night when the ship is moving, the drapes must be closed and the deck kept in darkness.

We have the Oceania Suite 11080 for our sailing on Vista because we like the back of the ship better than the front as mentioned above. It has the wrap around.  Way too windy in front unless you are in port.

• Like 1

Thanks.. we are waitlisted on OS aft for our sailing..as that’s where we have always been but missed getting it this time. Fun to try Vista suite on this new ship if waitlist fails. All the suites are wonderful but I am sure April in Med will be windy up front!🤣. We will not suffer! Haha

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 8:24 AM, Condocat said:

Remember also at night when the ship is moving, the drapes must be closed and the deck kept in darkness.

It is my understanding this only applies to the Vista Suites below the bridge on decks 8, 9, and 10, and not to the two suites on deck 12.  Please correct me if I am wrong, since we are considering one of these deck 12 suites on Marina.

I can't say whether the Vista Suite on 12 has to have a dark balcony at night but I have been in a Vista suite (on Riviera) and am booked in one (On Vista).  I love the suites.  using the balcony when the ship is underway though is not automatic.  A slight wind combined with the forward movement of the ship means you cannot.   For that reason I only ever book forward suites on port-intensive cruises.  Otherwise we prefer the Owners Suite or even an Oceania suite (but the one we had on Riviera had the same light restrictions as the Vista at night.)

I agree that the Vista on 12 looks like it has no balcony.  Suggest you have your TA check this out before booking.  And if things are like they were on Riviera for us you won't be able to have light on the side balcony either.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

And if things are like they were on Riviera for us you won't be able to have light on the side balcony either.

I think it probably depends on who the captain is.  I have been on Riviera in an Oceania suite on Deck 12 and we had the light on a few times and were never told we couldn't

• 8 months later...
On 5/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, FLConnie said:

We have the Oceania Suite 11080 for our sailing on Vista because we like the back of the ship better than the front as mentioned above. It has the wrap around.  Way too windy in front unless you are in port.

I am currently looking at this suite for 2025. Was it very noisy being under the Terrace Cafe? 

Marcy