Paul ludlow

binman2

On 5/31/2023 at 9:07 AM, Son of Anarchy said:

On the subject of Paul Ludlow and other appointments within Carnival:

Share price: Up or Down?

At the moment the share price seems to be reluctant to keep above £8 although I believe an update on profits is due this month. As airlines and other cruiselines have been doing well I see no reason for shares not to continue to rise. I doubt we will see £40 per share anytime soon though.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 9:07 AM, Son of Anarchy said:

On the subject of Paul Ludlow and other appointments within Carnival:

Share price: Up or Down?

As with most US based companies, I suspect that Paul Ludlow is a Vice President (or similar) rather than a proper Executive Director (as we would call them here). As such, he is more a business unit head than a statutory director. Consequently, he’s too low down the food chain for the markets to consider him as a factor, when it comes to valuing the company. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just had my reply from Mr Ludlow's office that my complaint is being investigated and they are sorry I have had need to contact them on the issues both whilst onboard and now from home.  Still has Sture on the footer, has he not gone yet?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Just had my reply from Mr Ludlow's office that my complaint is being investigated and they are sorry I have had need to contact them on the issues both whilst onboard and now from home.  Still has Sture on the footer, has he not gone yet?  

Same here had a couple of replies via email and a phone call with profuse apologies and received requested onboard logs of issues which were totally inaccurate so replied to that two weeks ago since then total silence so have cancelled our Iona cruises. 3 more on Aurora to suffer then no more for us had enough we’ll stick with companies who provide a decent customer service from now on adios P&O 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mollag said:

Same here had a couple of replies via email and a phone call with profuse apologies and received requested onboard logs of issues which were totally inaccurate so replied to that two weeks ago since then total silence so have cancelled our Iona cruises. 3 more on Aurora to suffer then no more for us had enough we’ll stick with companies who provide a decent customer service from now on adios P&O 

I already have copies of the logs as after day 1 I told them I did not trust them and wanted to see their written notes which I photographed on my phone.  I also insisted they informed the medical centre of my issues regarding anxiety and stress.  This too I have a note of.  Every meeting that was booked I took the name of the person who made the meeting, the time I spoke with them and response given.  I photographed the list I was shown showing I was number 34 in the queue of complainants. If the person didn't keep the appointment they'd made I insisted a colleague tell me exactly why and recorded it.

As you know I worked in the law and with politicians all my working life and as a result I record absolutely everything either manually in a contemporaneous note during a meeting (people really don't like that and get flustered) or asking to have copies of anything I have discussed if they are taking meeting notes within an agreed time frame.  I took multiple photographs of the babies in swimming pools and swim up bars, the queues and screenshots of the app being down as well.  A large amount of this documentation and photographs were sent, some in support of my email sent while I was onboard. By then I was pretty desperate and genuinely contemplating getting off in Palma.

My only regret is I didn't get to photograph the naked man!

Obviously minor irritations and small things are something that are soon forgotten.  However this time they really did press all the wrong buttons with their attitude and as a result I'm afraid I went into full build an evidence mode.

I've never actually made a formal complaint to a cruise line before so it will be interesting to see how they react.  

On the plus side I did tell them I thought the food and entertainment were excellent!

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Ludlow has been getting a lot of exposure recently so on this occasion it’s good to give him a bit of a break.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Ludlow has been getting a lot of exposure recently so on this occasion it’s good to give him a bit of a break.

As far as I know, Ludlow just drops his ‘g’s’ (askin’, talkin’ etc) - not his trunks 😉 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I already have copies of the logs as after day 1 I told them I did not trust them and wanted to see their written notes which I photographed on my phone.  I also insisted they informed the medical centre of my issues regarding anxiety and stress.  This too I have a note of.  Every meeting that was booked I took the name of the person who made the meeting, the time I spoke with them and response given.  I photographed the list I was shown showing I was number 34 in the queue of complainants. If the person didn't keep the appointment they'd made I insisted a colleague tell me exactly why and recorded it.

As you know I worked in the law and with politicians all my working life and as a result I record absolutely everything either manually in a contemporaneous note during a meeting (people really don't like that and get flustered) or asking to have copies of anything I have discussed if they are taking meeting notes within an agreed time frame.  I took multiple photographs of the babies in swimming pools and swim up bars, the queues and screenshots of the app being down as well.  A large amount of this documentation and photographs were sent, some in support of my email sent while I was onboard. By then I was pretty desperate and genuinely contemplating getting off in Palma.

Obviously minor irritations and small things are something that are soon forgotten.  However this time they really did press all the wrong buttons with their attitude and as a result I'm afraid I went into full build an evidence mode.

I've never actually made a formal complaint to a cruise line before so it will be interesting to see how they react.  

On the plus side I did tell them I thought the food and entertainment were excellent!

I regret not being as thorough as you were but I get fed up of taking pics of inadequate, cold  portions in the MDR, our toilet malfunctions might have given a few on here a thrill and then the incursion into our cabin well I’m saying no more! I’ll hand over to those that think P&O are the greatest thing since sliced bread. No doubt in their minds I’ve imagined all this but 30 cruises before Covid never had cause to complain once, 4/5 after Covid I’ve been given a season ticket at reception 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's supposed to give the 6 brand VPs a more direct line to Weinstein. I do hope that Ludlow makes more sense to Weinstein that he does to his passengers.

99% of Josh Weinsteins said they agreed with this statement.

• Haha 3

On 6/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, Megabear2 said:

Mr Ludlow took on his new role wef Thursday, 1st June. I haven't seen a date for the new Cunard President to start. Obviously she'll be working out notice at TUI. I'd assume at that level a notice period may be 3 months or more.

30 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Mr Ludlow took on his new role wef Thursday, 1st June. I haven't seen a date for the new Cunard President to start. Obviously she'll be working out notice at TUI. I'd assume at that level a notice period may be 3 months or more.

Katie McAlister will join Cunard  as President in August 2023

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:21 PM, Mollag said:

I regret not being as thorough as you were but I get fed up of taking pics of inadequate, cold  portions in the MDR, our toilet malfunctions might have given a few on here a thrill and then the incursion into our cabin well I’m saying no more! I’ll hand over to those that think P&O are the greatest thing since sliced bread. No doubt in their minds I’ve imagined all this but 30 cruises before Covid never had cause to complain once, 4/5 after Covid I’ve been given a season ticket at reception 🤷‍♂️

As a matter of interest, from a photo, how can you tell if the food is hot, warm, or cold?.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Britboys said:

You've heard of "All the President's Men" - well this looks like "All the man's Presidents"...

When my company was taken over by Americans I was told I would report directly to the Vice President.......I said....nothing.😁

• Like 1

My view on this is that Sture Myrell might have always been intended as a temporary CUK President. He was parachuted in when Josh Weinstein was called to Miami in late 2021. I believe his family remained in Australia where he had previously been posted.

I would suggest that Ludlow had enough on his plate at the time with getting P&O back running and two new ships coming on line. Equally with the Cunard President Simon P leaving, Ludlow could not do all three jobs! Now that Cunard have an incoming President, it makes sense.

You will note that the other restructuring has removed the other equivalents of CUK President - Costa & Aida had a parent company, CMG, which lost its president a couple of months ago. Holland America Group had Jan Schwartz as president who has now moved to Corporate.

Don't be mislead, there are now less senior managers earning expensive salaries. This was cost saving. That said, the markets responded very favourably.

What makes this interesting for me is the split of Aida and Costa into separate reporting lines. I continue to suspect that Costa will continue to loose its ships to Carnival. Fortuna and Deliziosa would be useful ships for the smaller ports. Diadema slots into existing Carnival classes too. Carnival already have 3 XL ships so taking another two would be alignment. This would allow Carnival to do an 'MSC' RCI'. They could have more of their own brand ships in the Med, one in the Middle East, one in South America. They could use the other two to retire their Fantasy Class ships. That leaves the Concordia Class which would be an ideal sell-off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1