Question re: special requests for cabin

luv2camp04

I am trying to help my cousin and his wife plan their first cruise.  They are looking at Koningsdam in November.  My cousin is very tall (about 6'5" maybe a bit taller) and has issues with pain at night that requires him to sleep in more of a sitting position or propped up quite a bit (they have an adjustable bed at home).  I have never cruised with HAL before but I know the sofas in the balcony rooms on Celebrity have very small sofas so with his height, that would not work.  My first thought is to have them have beds set up as twins so he can prop up, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a situation like this and was there some accommodation that HAL was able to make.  I'm also thinking either an accessible room or even a suite of some sort (but that would be cost dependent).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.    

I’m super tall as well and often scoot the bed (twin/separated) mattress “down” or away from the wall, and place the couch pillows between it and the wall, effectively extending the length of the twin mattress by 4-7 inches.  It helps me and would provide a bit more height for his issues, perhaps? It helped me wth heartburn a bit too.
the room staff noticed it one day when I forgot to move the pillows back to the couch and then they remade the bed but left my little setup intact. They can always bring more pillows if needed.   

• Like 5

An inflatable wedge pillow might work well for him. I got one off Amazon some years back when I was having reflux problems and needed to travel, and it worked well for me.

• Like 2

If extra pillows will do it, no problem.  We had eight pillows on our double bed and two more on the love seat.  I was thinking: If HAL wants to save money, why so many pillows?

We were in a signature suite; not sure if all cabins had that many.

Ray

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Are they able to drive to the port or will they need to fly? If driving, maybe take one of the wedge-shaped foam backrests you can find on Amazon? Or look for one in the port city if going in early.

Yes they would be driving so good suggestion.

3 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

I’m super tall as well and often scoot the bed (twin/separated) mattress “down” or away from the wall, and place the couch pillows between it and the wall, effectively extending the length of the twin mattress by 4-7 inches.  It helps me and would provide a bit more height for his issues, perhaps? It helped me wth heartburn a bit too.
the room staff noticed it one day when I forgot to move the pillows back to the couch and then they remade the bed but left my little setup intact. They can always bring more pillows if needed.   

You know what? You bring up a good point. I really dislike extra pillows on a bed, so when I  remove them, it's a great steward who respects that and doesn't jam all those pillows on the bed every day.