Will they let me board with a mini fan that is USB rechargeable?

Georgia_Peaches

14 minutes ago, Fissues said:

Yes. Someone actually had one at dinner last night on their table! Seaside. 

I’m relieved to read this but at the same time, concerned. Is the ship so warm that a fan is necessary at dinner?  I’ve never brought a small fan before but while on Seashore last year I found it to be very warm just about everywhere… enter, my new travel fan. Was hoping Seaside wouldn’t be so warm like Seashore. 

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m relieved to read this but at the same time, concerned. Is the ship so warm that a fan is necessary at dinner?  I’ve never brought a small fan before but while on Seashore last year I found it to be very warm just about everywhere… enter, my new travel fan. Was hoping Seaside wouldn’t be so warm like Seashore. 

Definitely not warm inside. The person with the fan must have health issues. Everything is perfect in the YC and the entire ship. 

Edited by Fissues
  • Thanks 1

I find every cruise cabin (regardless of line) I have ever had to be warm…the common areas are usually much cooler..I’m an ac on 70 or less with a nice ceiling fan running at home kinda guy..Wife even more so.  I think some of the issue must be people leaving balcony doors open, it can and ones have bad effects for nearby cabins. 

That said, Wife and I boarded Meraviglia in January with two fans as described by OP. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I find every cruise cabin (regardless of line) I have ever had to be warm…the common areas are usually much cooler..I’m an ac on 70 or less with a nice ceiling fan running at home kinda guy..Wife even more so.  I think some of the issue must be people leaving balcony doors open, it can and ones have bad effects for nearby cabins. 

That said, Wife and I boarded Meraviglia in January with two fans as described by OP. 

I was comfortable on the Meraviglia but I sought an interior cabin in the YC because of my experience with people leaving their balcony doors open.  It was definitely cooler in the inside room.  While sleeping is the main concern, I'm now having visions of actually being comfortable on the pool deck and private island as well...all because of this new little fan!  

48 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I was comfortable on the Meraviglia but I sought an interior cabin in the YC because of my experience with people leaving their balcony doors open.  It was definitely cooler in the inside room.  While sleeping is the main concern, I'm now having visions of actually being comfortable on the pool deck and private island as well...all because of this new little fan!  

We were in YC balcony...nice room..just too warm for me.  Maybe it's the higher humidity?  Who am I kidding?  I live just south of Atlanta. Boarding Seaside this Sept in YC...will take maybe a bigger fan.  I'm fairly sure I would go crazy in an inside...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fissues said:

Definitely not warm inside. The person with the fan must have health issues. Everything is perfect in the YC and the entire ship. 

When we were on the Seashore in October, the whole ship was warm everywhere, including the Yacht Club. It was not comfortable, even wearing shorts and t-shirts. The stateroom would be warm when you entered and would take a couple hours to get to a reasonable temperature even when turned down all the way. A lot of people were commenting about it. The Meraviglia in March wasn't as bad, but was still on the warm side. Since we live in Florida, we tend to keep our house warmer than a lot of people and definitely warmer than most public places so this was unexpected. Haven't had this issue on any other cruiseline.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 3:35 AM, sealynx said:

Because several other cruise lines don't. NCL recently put them on the prohibited items list.

I’ve cruised NCL since they put fans on the prohibited list but my USB powered fan was allowed. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:16 PM, styles27 said:

I’ve cruised NCL since they put fans on the prohibited list but my USB powered fan was allowed. 

Interesting. I missed the news article where they relaxed their new policy a little, but you can find one here:

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-clarifies-about-popular-prohibited-item/97944

• Like 1

Just wanted to report out and confirm that my rechargeable fan was allowed. I also brought a basic extension cord to run from the desk area over to the bedside table and kept it plugged in through the night. Our room is cool but the fan is really the cherry on top. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

Same here - took my portable HEPA fan / filter without any hassle from either TSA or cruise ship security.  Kept my dust allergies to a minimum for our 2 week trip to Europe and a week on the MSC Sinfonia.