enable messages

7 hours ago, gincole1 said:

Can anyone tell me how to enable messages?  Trying to send a message to someone in our roll call group and I get a pop up saying "Messages Disabled"

@gincole1

I have moved your thread to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic.

The Message feature is disabled for members. It is available for use by Administrators & Hosts ONLY. We can use it with each other and to members. If one of us contacts a member via the feature, the member cannot reply back.

Pease note the following portion from the Posting and You! section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!
Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

To help with email security, email addresses should be posted as whatever name at wherever dot com with spaces & spelling the words "at" and "dot". This should help prevent harvesting by spambots. Most members will know what you are doing. Or, set up another special email account just for correspondence relating to the Cruise Critic message boards. 

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat